PDA

View Full Version : Ducks

Ulysses
12-17-2002, 07:36 AM
Loose (relatively passive) 15-30. Maniac to my left.

I'm on the button w/ 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

3 limp to me. I call. SB calls. BB checks. 6 see the flop.

Flop 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

EP (solid player) bets. MP calls. I call. SB (maniac) calls.

Turn 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Checked to me. I bet. SB calls. EP calls.

River 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

EP bets. I raise. SB 3 bets. EP calls all-in w/ 1.5 BB total. I 4-bet. SB calls.

Anyone play this hand differently?

glen
12-17-2002, 08:30 AM
I would raise the flop 100%. Since you dominate EP's hand, I would raise the flop. you don't want to give the maniac odds to hit a gut shot, but if he has one, he might call two anyways. EP might three bet with a hand like 66-99,(if he would limp with 66 and 77) and then you can cap. By only overcalling, EP got scared into checking the turn, so you missed a few bets on the flop. The way the hand played out, the turn was a no-brainer, and the river was fine too, as the maniac probably had a 6. It's hard to put EP on a hand here. I can't see him betting into four players with an ace in his hand, so maybe he had 66. . .

mikelow
12-17-2002, 11:55 AM
I just hope EP doesn't have pocket threes. Ouch!

bad beetz
12-17-2002, 01:28 PM
I would raise the flop, your hand is not strong enough to slowplay, and people will put you on an over pair, 66-TT

KOJAK
12-17-2002, 03:09 PM
I'd prefer to raise the flop because of the straight draw--you want to make the others pay for their draw.

MichaelD
12-17-2002, 03:23 PM
Ulysses,

In regards to your play, the only thing I would have done differently is raise the flop. Personally I find very few situations where I am comfortable enough to slowplay bottom set. Given your description of the game being loose, and with this coordinated flop, I think I would have raised the flop here and then played the hand as you did the rest of the way.

Just some thoughts...

Michael D.

eldo77
12-17-2002, 08:37 PM
Raise the flop. Your hand is not big enough to slowplay.

eldo

Ulysses
12-18-2002, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the comments.

Concensus is to raise the flop. However, I didn't call there to slowplay my hand. I felt a raise at that point would have very little effect, as people would put me on anything from a small overpair to A3 to overcards, and anyone with any kind of draw was likely to come along.

On the other hand, I felt that I could raise the turn and have a good shot at getting it heads up. Obviously that plan was foiled when EP didn't bet the turn.

Didn't turn out well, but it could have been worse.

EP showed 33 for the bigger full house. SB showed A6 for the straight, so I almost broke even on the hand.

M2d
12-18-2002, 05:05 AM
When you flop a set, you're generally raising to get money in the pot, not to narrow the field. People going to come with draws on this flop? let them come and pay you off most of the time when your hand stands up.