PDA

View Full Version : Heads up against TOTAL drunk Maniac...whats my line?

JackOfSpeed
05-28-2005, 12:24 AM
I was lucky enough to tilt someone into some heads up at a private table.

For the first 80 hands or so, this guy raises EVERY time he is in the SB to 3 X BB. He'll stab at every flop, but usually will check call if you play back (or fold if he has nothing and you pop him with a raise after the flop).

For a while I was playing semi-loose passive, and it was working well as he got in over his head in a couple of medium sized pots.

But a couple of times soon after, my cards went too cold to call his raises with, and he made me lay down some fairly big hands with huge all-in bets (and then proceeded to show his bluffs).

I ended up a little more than doubling up off of him in less than 50 minutes or so, but I felt I should have taken several buy-ins off of him in that time. What's your line against a drunken donk? Call with almost any two in BB? Push back with hands like KT, 7s?

What about when he starts raising to 5 BB every hand (and, if you complete from the SB, he may or may not do the same thing).

captZEEbo1
05-28-2005, 12:40 AM
ummm...it doesn't really sound like you're up against a TOTAL drunk maniac. It sounds like you are up against someone who plays about the same I do.

JackOfSpeed
05-28-2005, 01:01 AM
whats your u/n /images/graemlins/grin.gif

captZEEbo1
05-28-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whats your u/n /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I wouldn't show my bluffs, so it's not me =P