PDA

View Full Version : There must be something I don't get

pergesu
05-27-2005, 11:20 PM
I just busted out on the bubble in 9 tournaments in a row, 6 of which I had the cheap lead going into the bubble.

Clearly there's something I don't get.

I do the wonderful thing where I push on the blinds, SNG PT says it's all +EV. People fold their blinds to me, and I'm happy. The problem is, blinds don't eat their stacks up enough to bust em. So finally I run into a big hand, there goes 2/3 of my stack. All of a sudden I'm fighting for third.

This has been happening since Sunday. There's absolutely no way I'm just running bad - I've got a 58.7% ITM from bubble right now. I've had countless people review my play and they say I'm just running bad. But this doesn't look like running bad stuff to me. I'd like someone who knows what the hell they're talking about to take a look at some hhs.

Sorry for the tone, I'm incredibly frustrated. I'd buy some weed to chill out, but *gasp* can't afford it. Anyone willing to take a look at some of my bubble play hhs, let me know.

TheUsher
05-27-2005, 11:45 PM
What are the levels you usually go out on, or get crippled? I'm not sure which buyin you play at, but Friday nights are awful sometimes when all the bad players call your raises with equal, but slightly better crap at the end. Might just be that if you're getting crippled at Level 7/8 or something. Now if it's Level 5... then it's a different story. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

45suited
05-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Why don't you post some HH's? Could be a bad run, but maybe there is something that could be worked on. I don't pretend to be an expert, but maybe you do have to use selective aggression. Are you pushing with garbage against stacks so short that they are bound to call? Are you pushing so often that you're hurting your FE? Tangling with the other bigstacks? I would give my 2 cents (flawed as my opinion might be) if you posted a HH.

PattyMcFatty
05-28-2005, 12:01 AM
I think I know what your problem is.. send me the HH's thru PM or IM me or something (Aim is pattymcfatty) and id defenitely be glad to give my input

pergesu
05-28-2005, 12:13 AM
I just looked at all the games that I played today, looking for where I busted with 4 or 5 players left. The breakdown was

Level 5: 10
Level 6: 7
Level 7: 2

Since you put a wink after level 5, I gotta figure that means I'm just sucking.

These are all $11s.

DasLeben
05-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Dude, looking over your tourneys, I don't see anything except for you getting sucked out on. Yes, a couple times I've seen you make overaggressive pushes, but that's not a huge trend.

However, maybe you're pushing every +EV opportunity in level 5, and not conserving FE for levels 6+ where you can really put the screws to people. I dunno man...I'll catch ya on AIM in a little while and we'll chat.