PDA

View Full Version : i can't think of an amusing title for this post

EvanJC
05-27-2005, 11:09 PM
no reads. should i checkraise the flop? comments on all streets welcome.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (11 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

TStoneMBD
05-28-2005, 09:01 AM
i dont like leading into the preflop raiser in these situations. checkraise him instead. you know that hes going to bet, so you might as well trap him along with the sb.

MoDOH
05-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Why would you wan´t to trap the SB in this hand? If BT is aggressive and capable of raising with overcards I like this bet. If he likes to only call with overcards then I like CR better...

krishanleong
05-28-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont like leading into the preflop raiser in these situations. checkraise him instead. you know that hes going to bet, so you might as well trap him along with the sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leading into the pfr doesn't tell you anything. TSMDB is correct. My standard line is cr flop, call if 3-bet and fold turn unimproved.

Krishan

TStoneMBD
05-28-2005, 09:18 AM
you want to trap the small blind because its incorrect for him to call 2bets on this flop with most hands. forcing him to make a mistake with your checkraise is +ev.

marand
05-28-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leading into the pfr doesn't tell you anything. TSMDB is correct. My standard line is cr flop, call if 3-bet and fold turn unimproved.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Against many opponents you really can't fold on the turn UI. I have seen so many people 3-bet the flop and bet the turn intending to check the river with two overcards (AK or AQ in this hand). But when again, some people will never do that so I guess it depends on your opponent.

My standard line is to check/raise the flop and call down a 3-bet unless I see a scare card.