PDA

View Full Version : Questions about blind positions

BluEsiNsOuL
05-27-2005, 10:57 PM
As I was looking at my PT status, I noticed that one of the major reasons why I was not winning was due to my play at blind positions. In all other positions I did ok, not great, but at least winning. My record is -0.20BB/Hand at BB, -0.17BB/Hand at SB. I am wondering what are those stats like for a winning player? How to improve my play at those positions? Any good books about it? Thanks~~

KingOtter
05-27-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As I was looking at my PT status, I noticed that one of the major reasons why I was not winning was due to my play at blind positions. In all other positions I did ok, not great, but at least winning. My record is -0.20BB/Hand at BB, -0.17BB/Hand at SB. I am wondering what are those stats like for a winning player? How to improve my play at those positions? Any good books about it? Thanks~~

[/ QUOTE ]

The best players have lower, but you're expected to lose money from the blinds. That's why they're there. Otherwise we'd play forever and wait until we got AA to play.

I'm actually (.22) from BB, but only (.06) from SB. But then, I'm not a good player, much less a best player. I've seen BB stats around (.05) or so. But I have been a winning player (so far).

KO