PDA

View Full Version : Frequent disconnects - Advice please

raisins
05-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Perhaps you can relate? I've been disconnected repeatedly in the middle of hands and it is surely driving me nuts.

I'm running Windows XP SP2 and I have a gig of Ram. There are two computers on the router. The one above that I play poker on and an older model that is also XP. The computer I use for poker gets disconnected fairly regularly. A box comes up saying - Connecting therough WAN Miniport (PPPOE). Sometimes it logs back on immediately sometimes I have to reboot.

Any ideas what's going on here? I think it's more likely my computer than the ISP as the other computer never has any problems. I have the same problem hooked up to the router or with the router bypassed and just plugged straight in. I keep a few programs going when I play but nothing too excessive - Opera, PT, PokerEdge and usually play only 1 or 2 tables. I also get knocked off sometimes when browsing so it's not just poker. I used to run Proxomitron and figured that was causing some of my problems, I've since gotten rid of it and it was way worse before but I'm still having issues every now and then.

Any ideas?

regards,

raisins