PDA

View Full Version : Is this in any way a defendable move?

elonkra
05-27-2005, 10:01 PM
$5.50 Turbo SNG (Ultimate Bet)

VILLAIN (button) is at seat 2 with 445.
sb is at seat 3 with 2135.
HERO is at seat 4 with 1605.
utg is at seat 5 with 1355.
utg +1 is at seat 7 with 2355.
mp is at seat 8 with 650.
mp + 1 is at seat 9 with 1755.
mp + 2 is at seat 0 with 3520.
co is at seat 1 with 1180.

sb posts the small blind of 50.
HERO posts the big blind of 100.

VILLAIN : -- --
sb: -- --
HERO : Jd Ac
utg: -- --
utg + 1: -- --
utg: -- --
mp + 1: -- --
mp + 2: -- --
co: -- --

Pre-flop:

3 folds, mp + 1 calls t100 1 fold, co calls t100, VILLAIN raises all-in to t445, 1 fold, HERO raises all-in to 1605

starvs
05-27-2005, 11:54 PM
I think this is a fine push. Since villian has 4BB you are way ahead of his range, or atleast the range of hands he will open push with. I'm not sure how he adjusts to two limpers infront of him, but I still think he is pushing alot of hands you beat. If it ends up being a coinflip there is already t200 of dead money in the pot (assuming both limpers fold), which makes it a pretty good deal. If you end up being dominated or up against QQ+, well then I say so be it, move on to the next hand.

This may be horrible advice though, because I have no idea how good I really am.

elonkra
05-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Any other opinions? This is one of those hands where, after, I'm like, what the hell was I thinking there? How bad was that?

The dead money is what made me make the play. I honestly felt I could get both limpers to fold and get heads up w/the shortstack w/good pot odds. My thinking was this: If I were him, I'm pushing w/a wide range because there's a lot of chips in the pot and a lot of weakness being shown by my opponents. But I think I knew there was probably a 50% chance I was going up any pair or a dominating ace. With a 50% chance that I'm in a race or worse, combined with the possibility of getting called by a slow-playing limper, I'm thinking this was probably not the right move at this stage in the game. Then again, if I get both limpers to fold, I'm not really in bad shape even if the guy takes the pot. So it's an opportunity to pick up a lot of chips or lose an amount that won't cripple me. I'm not sure on this one.

But I'm certainly interested in hearing some opinions.

iMsoLucky0
05-28-2005, 03:39 AM
I think the push is fine. You are ahead of his range, and you have alot of FE vs the limpers.