PDA

View Full Version : Attention 55-215 8 tablers, question about your finish distribution

FatalError
05-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Since making the move to 8 tabling 109's i've noticed my ROI remain relatively consistant (still in the low 20's, i know thats a little high but close to normal) but i have noticed my 1st/2nd place rations begin to diverge, 4 tabling i had more 1sts and 2nds but 8 tabling it's breaking almost 2-1 in favor of 2nd place once i get HU... does anyone have similar results due to not having time to evaluate your opponents folding and pushing habits HU and having to use just your own standards for hand ranges? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

citanul
05-28-2005, 10:20 AM
your first/second finish distribution should fairly closely approximate the proportion of chips you're winding up with to begin heads up play. if you play a monkey's strategy, you're not going to lose much ground on that. what you could be noticing is either a) a short term swing of bad results or b) that you're now playing worse 5, 4 and 3 handed than you were previously, and winding up with fewer chips than usual.

that's just my first glean though.

this was my first week trying 8 tabling the 100s, and i too suffered some bad breaks heads up. go look over the games, see what it looks like happened. if you aren't able to follow the action on your games, to the extent that it's costing you money, (and heads up is where lots of money is made) play fewer tables.

citanul