PDA

View Full Version : Weird FPS KK hand 20-40 Commerce

Michael Davis
05-27-2005, 09:25 PM
So I'm playing in a game full of donks except for one guy who is a decent player but he tends to coldcall when he should threebet but otherwise doesn't coldcall. He also plays too passively postflop but generally shows up with the goods if he makes it to showdown (so he only calls when he should call or raise but not when he should fold). Plus, he's paying meticulous attention to my play.

Anyways I have K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif and raise one limper from MP. The decent guy coldcalls directly to my left as does one other and the blinds come along so we go six ways to a flop of 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Checked to me and I check. Decent guy bets and there are three callers and I call.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to decent guy who bets, button and BB call, I raise. Decent guy mutters, "I guess you have QQ beat" and folds. Button now threebets and BB folds. What's my plan for the rest of the hand?

-Michael

JihadOnTheRiver
05-27-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm calling down unless Ah or a friendly K comes, but I'm pretty baffled by the flop play...

elindauer
05-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Hi Michael,

The button has announced a big hand. He calls the first turn bet, trying to keep you guys in, but now that it's raised back to him, he says, hey, I've got a monster, let's pop it again.

So, what hand is this? Unfortunately, it's hands like made full houses and nut flushes. You are MUCH more likely than normal to be drawing dead.

But can you fold the 2nd flush draw in a big pot? No, I don't think so, so you call the turn. On the river, you just call again if you can beat a ten high flush draw. If you can't, well, you're making a real long shot crying call if you call.

Good luck.
Eric

Michael Davis
05-27-2005, 09:49 PM
"Unfortunately, it's hands like made full houses and nut flushes."

This is my thinking exactly, except that if it's a nut flush I'm drawing to 4 outs.

-Michael

elindauer
05-27-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling down unless Ah or a friendly K comes, but I'm pretty baffled by the flop play...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi jihad,

I think raising a river Ah is a mistake. The button is particularly likely to be full here, and he'll certainly be full if you get any action on that river card.

Good luck.
Eric

Michael Davis
05-27-2005, 09:50 PM
"I think raising a river Ah is a mistake."

If the Ah comes on the river I bet and fold to a raise.

-Michael

SA125
05-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Flop play. I don't get it.

elindauer
05-27-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I think raising a river Ah is a mistake."

If the Ah comes on the river I bet and fold to a raise.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Michael,

I don't know. Your suggestion seems reasonable given the very likely hand range for this guy, but... putting yourself in a position to get outplayed in a huge pot in order to squeeze a fraction of a bet of EV out a reasonable opponent doesn't seem like the way to go. Remember, you only gain in the following parlay: he has a flush AND he won't bet it after you check.

Check call the Ah.

-Eric

elindauer
05-27-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop play. I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he sums it up in the title. It's FPS. Bet the flop.

-Eric

surfdoc
05-27-2005, 10:16 PM
I need to agree with Eric. These Commerce crazies are just that...crazy. There is no way I want to fold for one bet on the river in a pot this big when some aggro guy splashes 2 stacks of chips when I bet the Ah on the river.

SA125
05-27-2005, 10:25 PM
TY