PDA

View Full Version : Re: A mess right from the start.... 4th street decision

Ravo
12-17-2002, 02:45 AM
With 2 A's showing on 3rd street, why not bet $10 instead of $3 on the bring-in, hoping to isolate on the fish?

CJC
12-17-2002, 04:03 AM
Good Morning,

Why didn't I bring it in for a full bet?
Well if I bring it in for a full bet, there is a very real possibility of me only picking up the antes!! Now some might say with dead-aces that is fine. But is it? We are only 6 handed at the time ( and realy only 5 if we don't count fishy-fish who dropped a little over a grand in a few hours ). Of the other 5... two have dead-aces. I'll take my chances on this one! Not to mention,I am not in an overante game.

Now this turned into an exceptionally rare hand case.., and in retrospect, if I knew what that other 2 Aces actually had, I would have played it differently. ( including not playing them at all )

BUT here is what I was expecting to happen..

I was most expecting the two oher Aces to fold, then one of THE OTHER TWO OPPONENTS to RAISE ( either trying to steal or to isolate ) then I get to RE-RAISE. When I RE-RAISE I am isolating right then and there anyway while getting more money in the pot. ( or the same thing happens if One of the Aces raises and the others fold and I re-raise )

Well, we all see how well that worked out. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

CJ