PDA

View Full Version : NL200 suited connectors hand

wtfsvi
05-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Villain is a vpip 50/pfr15/af 7.5 lag. He seems decent, I think he might actually vary play based on who he's up against. But he's a bit too loose obviously. He bluffed me off a river with a four flush on the board a couple of orbits earlier. He made a pot sized bet (around $65), I had top pair no kicker (after I had raised preflop on the button), and he showed middle pair + missed gutshot when I folded.

Original raiser is loose before the flop (calls too many raises especially), and is weak tight after the flop. Bad combination.

My table image is LAGy. Vpip around 30, pfr around 20.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">MP :#A500AF(villain)/ ($215.55)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($210.6)</font>
Button ($67.6)
SB ($211.65)
BB ($284.38)
<font color="#C00000">UTG :#A500AF(preflop raiser)/ ($180.6)</font>

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG :#A500AF(preflop raiser)/ raises to $4</font>, MP :#A500AF(villain)/ calls $4, Hero calls $4, Button calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $2.

Flop: ($21) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">preflop raiser bets $8</font>, villain calls $8, Hero calls $8, Button folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($45) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red"> preflop raiser bets $15 </font> , villain calls $15, <font color="red">hero raises to $60 </font>, preflop raiser folds, <font color="red">villain pushes for $188.55</font>, hero...?

Sorry about the colour change, I had to fix it myself after the converter didn't want to show any more.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

StojkeAK
05-27-2005, 08:10 PM
I think you have to fold this, your not beating any flush other then 2h 3h, and i don't think he could call that turn with anything other then the flush thats beating you

wtfsvi
05-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Really, is this just an uninteresting, clear cut fold? Should I raise the flop?

Atropos
05-28-2005, 10:27 AM
"Really, is this just an uninteresting, clear cut fold?"

No it is not, but it is so insanely difficult that one cant answer it without knowing the opponent.

"Should I raise the flop?"

If you dont like crazy tough decisions like the one at the turn, I think you have to raise here. You have a monster draw, flush outs, straight outs, but they will not look to good if you hit them at the turn. The pot is already decent, your are a favorite against the usual preflop-raise hands and never a big dog, as long as 2 players call. However I dont know how much you should raise here, but if you would push a set here you can push this as well.

steaknshake925
05-28-2005, 12:18 PM
i call the turn push. there are way too many hands you beat here: set, straight, AA, pair+Ah, bluff. if he has a higher flush so be it.

raising the flop is definitely an option, but i dont think theres anything wrong with calling either.

billymonk
05-28-2005, 02:50 PM
I like raising the flop.

On the turn, oh boy. It seems to me like he has a flush. Especially considering he smooth-called the og raiser, hoping to get it in on the river, but upon seeing your raise, he decided now is the time. If he remembers your previous hand like you remember it though, he might be making a move.

Anyways, considering you got what you wanted with your 45s, I call and pray for the 7 of hearts.