PDA

View Full Version : First Orbit of .5/1 in 1.5 months.

DavidC
05-27-2005, 07:52 PM
I've decided to try out limit again, starting at 0.5/1 and wowrking up as high as I can go as fast as I can go. It's going to be a hard trip, if I get there. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm playing a single party 0.5/1 table, and will post significant hands from my first round of play, with my thoughts. Please feel free to add stuff if I missed something, or correct me if I'm wrong.

--

Posted my big blind. This is my first observed hand as I'm setting up PT/PV before this for my new LHE DB.

1)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

I was thinking that the SB may be making a move, and that a free card would help me. However, I need to keep in mind that I'm not getting correct pot odds to use a free card play, and therefore I must have significant folding equity, which I may not have on this board. The risk of re-raise exists, also... though I wouldn't have imagined the button connected wtih this flop. I need a read to figure this kind of stuff out, and I didn't have one, so this play wasn't justified.

2)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

I have a gutshot, an ace, and the chance to represent AK. This is a draw heavy flop, and I have to assume that villain is on a draw that he's not willing to fold, or else you figure he'd have raised me, so I'm calling down, to hopefully let Ace-high hold up.

After last performance, this may be an image-builder. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

3)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Getting checkraised on the turn sucks, but folding a slightly better ace is great!

For the purposes of reads, I will reveal the results: Villain shows 65s for the flopped full house. Make a note. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

4) (Second preflop caller is the same player as the villain in the last hand.)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

Getting some nice preflop hands, eh? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I figured the flop wasn't draw heavy enough to justify raising and slowing the villain down. I also figured that villain is starting to underestimate my strength, and that he will probably bet into me on the turn. I want to raise the turn rather than the river, because I want him to be committed to calling just in case he's on a draw.

I folded the rest of the hands.

PuckNPoker
05-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Just the opinion of a novice:

1) Dont like it, draw heavy board and a small pot.
2) FPS.
3) Looks good.
4) I raise the flop, a weak K might go 3 bets on the flop and still call you down. Plus folding the BB with a 9 or 7 or some small pair is a consideration. If it was straight HU, I like the play.

grjr
05-27-2005, 08:39 PM
One of the things I've learned at Party .50/1 is that I've lost too much money when I thought people were making a move. Until you have evidence that shows that particular person is capable of making a move it's much better to just assume they have a hand if they bet out first or c/r you on the turn.

DavidC
05-27-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of the things I've learned at Party .50/1 is that I've lost too much money when I thought people were making a move. Until you have evidence that shows that particular person is capable of making a move it's much better to just assume they have a hand if they bet out first or c/r you on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vs the TCR, I had outs to call with a flush draw.

However, you're probably right for the statement (give me 10k to 20k hands and then I'll say that you're surely right).

KingOtter
05-27-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what he said... it is like I'm over-educated.

This is a cool format, and idea, though... maybe I should try it to get a real idea where I am.

KO

grjr
05-27-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

David04
05-27-2005, 10:14 PM
1)Pot is small, and you have middle pair on a draw heavy board. I fold this here.

2)Again, the pot is too small here. I like the flop play, but I just check the turn and hope to get a free card. I really think you have to fold the turn.

3)Good flop bet, but I would check behind on the turn. If he is going to give you a free card, take it. Once he checkraises, I would fold.

4)Well played.

Entity
05-27-2005, 10:24 PM
I'd fold the flop in #1.
In #2, I fold the turn. You've got around 6 outs.
#3 and #4 are good.

DavidC
05-28-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/cool.gif