PDA

View Full Version : Me the suckout king

Atropos
05-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($37.8)
MP ($51.9)
Hero ($100)
SB ($314.6)
BB ($93.9)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB (poster) calls $2.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($7) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.75</font>, SB calls $3.75.

Turn: ($14.50) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, SB calls $10.

River: ($34.50) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to ????? (I raised to 50$)

Comments on all streets are appreciated. I think that in future if I'm the raiser and have position, and my first continuation bet gets called I will nearly always check the turn. Most of the time they dont fold there or are even waiting for a checkraise.
What's even more interesting to me is the proper size of the river reraise. A minraise doesnt seem to extract the max and it shows strength. I want to raise an amount that makes the opponent think I'm bluffing but isnt to big that he cannot call with whatever he is holding. Assume that he wont play a set in this check/call, check/call way. Betting out of the blue normally meant a strong hand for this opponent... However KK is not possible there, it would not be consistent with his preflop play.

JoeyT
05-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Preflop raise is fine.

Flop bet is fine.

Turn bet is fine if that's your style and know the opponent. A check is fine too.

I personally like raising a nice amount here. I don't think there's anyway sb will put you on AJ. When you raise they will likely think KK, QQ or TT. There's a very good possibility this opponent has J9 and will call your all in if you push here. I think likely hands for SB are J9, KQ or a flopped set. I agree that getting cute and minraising is lame and will cost you money... I think you'll be called a lot here if you put in a nice sized raise. Given that you have 85 left and SB has you way covered... and the pot is already at 45 I would probably push in. My style often has the tendency to move in my whole stack in these situations because I find I get called by a hand as weak as two pair here and you'll most certainly get called by J9. I think you have to raise to at least $50 straight here or you're losing money.

-Joe

pmuir10
05-27-2005, 10:36 PM
i'm pushing that river everytime, looks like SB likes his hand quite a bit.