PDA

View Full Version : folde AA on flop to (i find out later) a LAG

asofel
05-27-2005, 07:02 PM
So how bad did I mess this up. No reads until after the fact. Every push that was called so far at the table was for value. I had also folded AQ to villains reraise push with 77 and held up against someone else's AT call.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($131.4)
MP ($229.64)
Button ($307.53)
Hero ($170.9)
BB ($75.94)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, Button calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $4</font>, BB calls $3, UTG calls $3, MP calls $3, Button calls $3.

Flop: ($25) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $125</font>, MP folds, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $170

xorbie
05-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Raise way more PF. On the flop, it's close. Because of the wimpy PF raise, a 6 is certainly possible, but I also feel like a 6 is less likely to raise that much (probably more like $75 to go).

However, given your read (at the time) and the fact that there were enough players acting after the push to make a push profitable (i.e. it would be bad to put half your stack in on such a draw heavy board), I think a fold is reasonable here.

JoeyT
05-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, first things first. I'm confused about the hand history. It says UTG, MP, Button call $2, and you raise to $4, then everyone calls $3. I'm confused as to how everyone is calling $3 here and not $2. Anyway...

The preflop raise is far too small. Especially being out of position with 3 limpers, you want to do far more than minraise here. I think this raise needs to be in the range of $10 to $20. I would prefer something between $12-$15.

Now, given that you minraised and this pot will definitely be multiway, those limpers can be playing anything. Your bet on hte flop seems reasonable given the potsize (again... pot should have been much bigger at this stage). It's possible that UTG is making a play on you here with 87 or two clubs, or even 87c, but I don't mind this fold given your comment that stacking off has been only for value and not for bluffs at this point. Just keep in mind that given your lousy preflop raise, it's quite possible UTG puts you on two big cards and thinks his A9 is good.

Your preflop blunder put you in a horrible situation here and you just have to go with your read based on what you've seen UTG do so far. Given this situation on the flop, I think folding is fine (but I think calling could be fine too given a particular read on the player).

Hope this helps,
Joe