PDA

View Full Version : 12/16 MNF

craig r
12-16-2002, 08:50 PM
Well, time to lay the 11-1 MNF record on the line tonight.

TEN -2.5

good luck,

craig r.

Porcupine
12-16-2002, 11:45 PM
Being from Boston, are you a Patriots fan? I spent all day trying to convince myself NE +3 was good, but kept finding reasons to go the other way, and did so at 2.5.

craig r
12-17-2002, 01:12 PM
I have only been in Boston for about 10 months, but am not a Pats fan. I do enjoy football for the sake of football, but I don't ever let my heart get in the way of any bets. I was going to pass on last nights game because before the Titans played IND, I took TEN to win the conference at +1300 (WWTS), now it is at +700 and I really like there chances now. Especially with their last two games being fairly simple. And even if they end up tied with IND record wise, I they have won more in the division/conference and have beaten IND twice. Where was I going with this?? oh yeah, so I almost did not take the game at all because I already have TEN for the long haul. But, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there is no was NE would cover. Good job on last nights game though.

craig r.

Wildbill
12-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Don't get too gunshy Craig. If you see a value, bet it. If you have properly sized your bets, you will not ever be in a situation where you have too much riding on one team or event. Only time this wouldn't apply is in something like Superbowl prop bets, but common sense will guide you for that. Conference odds with so many games left to play is not a spot where you should even consider what action you have already.

While it may appear they didn't now, don't get in the habit either of ever saying a team had no way to cover. We all know that is a fallacy, at least before the game starts. Not that I suspect you truly believed it, just that you shouldn't even let the thought enter your mind or vocabulary, unless you want to be a high-priced tout /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Good call on the game, great run you are having with the TV games...

oscark
12-18-2002, 11:30 AM
WildBill,
I don't understand what you are trying to say about Superbowl Props. Could you possible elaborate further? Thanks. -Oscar

craig r
12-18-2002, 01:00 PM
I guess what I meant by having to much action on Ten. is that I hate feeling like the "captain going down with the ship." You are right about that though. I saw good value in that game and bet it. I was just joking about NE not being able to cover. I have learned over the last few years that anything can happen.

craig r.