PDA

View Full Version : Best Gameshows of all Time?

RINCON
12-16-2002, 08:41 PM
I love the other topics catergory and love to know what other people like and dislike.So I got to thinking about gameshows and came up with 10 I like.These are in no particular order.

1.Jeopardy (the all time classic game show for trivia buffs)

2. Press Your Luck (big bucks no whammys)

3. Remote Control (Karie Wuhr was hot)

4. Jokers Wild (gotta love a stage that looks like a slot machine)

5. Tic-Tac-Toe (Wink Martindale your classic game show host)

6. Newlywed Game (The phrase "making whoopee" is funny)

7. The Gong Show (This is an all time classic)

8. Beat the Geeeks (This one is fairly new but the Geeks are so damn smart)

9. Fear Factor (Don't know if you would consider this a game show but love it any way)

10. Win Ben Steins Money (dry eyes anybody)

Some big name notables not on the list..Wheel of Fortune,Who Wants to be a Millonaire,Price is Right,Let's Make a Deal, The Match Game,Hollywood Squares.Don't really consider The Dating Game or Love Connection game shows.

Well this was just my 2 cents worth.Would love to here everybody elses thoughts.Have a nice day!!!

RINCON

Ray Zee
12-17-2002, 01:39 AM
i got soured after watching 64,000 dollar question and seeing charles van duren win and making all those faces as he pondered. then found out they gave him the answers to do that.
but i liked the gong show with crazy chuck farris and who do you trust with ohnny carson.
but the best of all was groucho marks show you bet your life.

rusty JEDI
12-17-2002, 03:51 AM
best of the list you gave, and anymore i can think of is definetly

win ben steins money.

youtalkfunny
12-17-2002, 04:02 AM
Maybe being a former bookie has something to do with my choice, but I'll take...

"Card Sharks".

One contestant would make an over/under line, and the other had to play it.

After that, "Password" and "Pyramid" were my fav's.

I saw a "Password" rerun recently. The celebrities were Bob Crane and Elizabeth Montgomery. They each had impressive vocabularies.

And I tried to think of some modern-day celebrities who could step into those shoes. I was stumped.

The Game Show Network has a show called "Russian Roulette", which is horrible, but it did introduce the greatest innovation in game show history: after each round, one contestant is eliminated, and the rest go on to the next round; a trap door opens up beneath the departing contestant, and POOF! He's gone!

Who thought up this? C. Montgomery Burns?

Bobby

("I don't drink, I don't smoke...two out of three ain't bad."--Bob Crane)

M2d
12-17-2002, 04:44 AM
"I saw a "Password" rerun recently. The celebrities were Bob Crane and Elizabeth Montgomery. They each had impressive vocabularies."
Jodie Foster and Natalie Portman would probably do alright.

brad
12-17-2002, 08:24 AM
it was tic tac dough.

wink was a classic. my brothers and i used to crack up at wink all the time (we were gradeschoolers). what the heck kind of name is wink anyway? wink. gee that still cracks me up

youtalkfunny
12-18-2002, 04:03 AM

M2d
12-18-2002, 04:58 AM
She played Amidala in Star Wars Episodes I and II. Psych major at Harvard.

andyfox
12-18-2002, 05:33 PM
Groucho's show was indeed the best, but not because the game was the best; in fact, there really wasn't much of a game, but Groucho was the best. The interview with Gonzalez Gonzalez Gonzalez was possibly the funniest moment ever on TV.

andyfox
12-18-2002, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I imagine Bob Crane must have had a very impressive vocabulary. . .