PDA

View Full Version : Cigar smoking

quinn
05-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Hey,
I'm 19, and my friends and I have recently gotten into smoking cigars a little too much (at least that's what my intuition tells me).

I was wondering if someone, preferably with medical experience, could answer these questions:
How many cigars do you need to smoke per week to cause a significant danger to your health? Is there an amount that the body can deal with and still function optimally or near-optimally?

Thanks a lot,
quinn

pshreck
05-27-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How many cigars do you need to smoke per week to cause a significant danger to your health?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are already thinking in wrong terms, as one per week can have some very bad affects. Doesnt mean you will, but its possible.

I smoke maybe 1 a month, then maybe a little more at a party or somethingg, maybe 15-20 total cigars a year.

JackWilson
05-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, the great news is that you're still at risk from carcinogenic smoke, just like cigarettes. Woohoo!

quinn
05-27-2005, 08:17 PM
bump

NoTalent
05-27-2005, 08:53 PM
There's always some sort of risk:
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/content/NWS_1_1x_The_Dangers_of_Cigar_Smoking.asp

But you can get killed crossing the street. Life is too short, do things you enjoy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

exist
05-27-2005, 09:08 PM
life can be a significantly longer if you don't smoke regularly, and i heard somewhere that smoking can cause erectile dysfunction. so either smoke OR live longer and have more sex. hmm...tough choice.