PDA

View Full Version : El Hando 30/60 PS

theBruiser500
05-27-2005, 06:00 PM
I think flop and turn are standanrd. Don't see how he will fold to a turn c/r, too much of a chance it's 2 overcards with a flushdraw, just what I have. How is preflop and river?

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Evan
05-27-2005, 06:08 PM
I don't unuderstand the river bet. Do you think there's some way he's folding a hand that can beat ace high because the king is a scare card?

Renaud Desferet
05-27-2005, 06:12 PM
River is terrible, especially because you have an easy fold (all possible draws got there).
In limit holdem ace high as a bluff is rare, ace high as a value bet is not.

theBruiser500
05-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Yes I do, 1/8.5 times, the king will hit me a fair amount of times.

autobet
05-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Your play is fine. Win some/lose some.

lil feller
05-27-2005, 07:05 PM
I haven't read any other responses yet, i'll get to those in a minute.

Without any information on your opponent, and his position, putting him on a range of hands is tough, but there are some things we can probably assume he didn't have (AK, KQ, other bigs, medium PP, etc).

I think the turn is completely backwards, if you're gonna gaybet, do it now. If you get raised you can try to bluff/3bet, or be content that you know what your outs are and go from there. C/R also isn't bad, it MIGHT looke like 2 overs and a flush draw (also might look more like an overpair and a flush draw that stopped on the flop to c/r the turn). C/C the turn DEFINATELY looks like nothing other then 2 overs and a flush draw. You may as well have turned your cards over.

Given that, the river really makes no sense, as even if he can't beat a king, he's gonna call with his A8s, just in case.

Maybe this game just functions on a level i'm not familiar with (I don't play 30-60 online, but play 20-40 and up live, and 15 online), but the turn and the river both look backwards...

lf

Nigel
05-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Bruiser,

I had almost this exact same hand yesterday, with the exception that the turn didn't bring home any draws.

I bet out the K on the river, was raised and folded. After the hand I felt dirty and kicked myself for chip spewing.

Maybe it's a good play, but between the two of us, we're 0-2 so far. Man, being results oriented sucks.

Nigel

tl65\
05-27-2005, 08:20 PM
I like the river bet on the scare card, depending on your read of the opponent, but i dont think this is a great board for it. I dont think you're winning enough to check call this river, but check folding just seems too weak. Against a weak opponent, Even with the bad board, I think you're going to get him to fold more than 1 out of 8.5 times.