PDA

View Full Version : NO MORE CELL PHONE CRADLES AGHHHGHHGHGH!!!!!!!!

wacki
05-27-2005, 05:06 PM
My cell phone died yesterday. I called insurance and got a replacement. The new model isn't cradle compatible. So I go to the verizon store. None of the cell phones there are cradle compatible. WTF?!?!??!?!

Does nobody like cradles???? Does nobody like the quick and easy drop your cellphone in??? I can't even charge a spare battery with this standard travel charger that I'm forced to use.

So I e-mailed LG. My response??

We definitely appreciate your feedback. However, please keep in mind that manufacturers can not satisfy every consumer with the design of a product. The majority of VX6100 customers are completely satisfied. For the few that are not, the retailers have trial periods that they offer to provide the consumer with an option to swap equipment for another model that suits their liking. Please note, our phones are designed according to the service provider's specifications, and therefore not solely based on consumer opinions.

In the future, if LG can be of any further assistance to you, please feel free to contact us again.

Tyria
Email Administrator
Customer Interactive Center
LGEAI

Which means I'm screwed. WTF!?!?!? Am I alone on this?

tbach24
05-27-2005, 05:08 PM
I don't have one yet, but my brother and parents had their cradles replaced by these little things that plugged into their cells, without replacing the cells themselves. Perhaps you could light the cell phone store on fire though.

pshreck
05-27-2005, 05:11 PM
I tried to thing of a reason that a cradle is easier, more convenient, or even in any way more logical to use then just using the new plug and cable thing they got going, but I cant think of one.

What exactly is your problem with just plugging it in?

wacki
05-27-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have one yet, but my brother and parents had their cradles replaced by these little things that plugged into their cells, without replacing the cells themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem. It's impossible to charge a spare battery with that travel charger. IT sucks. Instead I have to buy a wall plug to charge my spare battery. No quick and easy cradle. This sucks!!!

Just in from verizon:

No Sir, unfortunately, LG does not manufacture cradle chargers for any of the current models we have with Verizon.

stabn
05-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Switch brands:

http://www.nokiausa.com/images/acc/195x195/acc_8860_cge1_prd.jpg

wacki
05-27-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried to thing of a reason that a cradle is easier, more convenient, or even in any way more logical to use then just using the new plug and cable thing they got going, but I cant think of one.

What exactly is your problem with just plugging it in?

[/ QUOTE ]

-You can do it one handed.

-The cradle sits on your desk so it's always easy to reach instead of a loose wire.

-Cradle can charge spare battery so you always have backup juice. Travel charger can't do this.

-cradle = 1 wall plug consumed

-travel charger + wall charger = 2 wall plugs on 2 different walls (thanks to transformer) used.

jason_t
05-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Sorry, but I just got my first cell phone last week. wtf is a cell phone cradle? Is it like an iPod dock for cell phones? What are its advantages?

MoreWineII
05-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Got rid of my cell about a year ago and haven't regretted it for one second since. Aaaaaaaah.

querulous
05-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Is there something preventing you from removing a charged battery from your phone and swapping in an uncharged battery?

wacki
05-27-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there something preventing you from removing a charged battery from your phone and swapping in an uncharged battery?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, it's called leaving the house and taking the phone with you.

wacki
06-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Ok, stabn. I'm switching brands. Anybody know what phones have cradles???

LG does NOT make any cradle phones.

I don't care about Gee Whiz features I just want to charge a battery when I'm not home.

James Boston
06-07-2005, 06:30 PM

stabn
06-08-2005, 04:27 PM
It takes some work. I'd advise trolling through a site like amazon for something like nokia cell charger (cradle didn't bring up any that would charge a battery).

The following are a few results that should meet your specificiations, and you could look for cell's that are listed as being compatible with them:

number one (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009PY4BW/qid=1118262308/sr=8-13/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i13_xgl23/103-7596362-3892647?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846)

number two (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009PS4CW/qid=1118262308/sr=8-14/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i14_xgl23/103-7596362-3892647?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846)