PDA

View Full Version : A hand where I went to showdown

SomethingClever
05-27-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm experimenting with getting to showdown more. Right now, I'm at an abysmally low %, partially due to running bad, and partially due to being weak/tight.

How's this look?

I'm on the button with JT /images/graemlins/club.gif. Two limpers, I raise, the BB calls. 4 to the flop.

Flop comes ATx one club. Checked to me and I bet. I've been quiet at this table and hope to get a few folds with this bet, but everyone calls.

Turn: non-club 6. Checked to me and I check.

River: 9 completing the rainbow. Early position bets. Folded to me and I call. The pot is about 7 BB at this point.

Look good?

imported_CaseClosed326
05-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Seems pretty good to me.

Nate tha' Great
05-27-2005, 05:58 PM
I'd rather bet the turn in an effort to get gutshots and better T's to fold and then take a free showdown.

SomethingClever
05-27-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather bet the turn in an effort to get gutshots and better T's to fold and then take a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you're checkraised? Fold? Call down?

Nate tha' Great
05-27-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you're checkraised? Fold? Call down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. I think a lot of the time you get check-raised here, it's with a hand better than just a pair of aces anyway.

JrJordan
05-27-2005, 06:50 PM
If you're going to put in a BB anyway, I agree with Nate that you're better off betting the turn with the intention of a free showdown. If you get checkraised, then it seems like an easy fold because you're protected from a bluff with several players in the pot. You lose one BB just as you would from calling the river bet. A turn bet charges any lower ten, lower one pair, or gutshot to see the river. And who knows, you might get a lower A to fold (emphasis on might).

Nigel
05-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Nate,

Do you take this line 100% or would you ever check turn fold river? If you are against a bunch of loose passives, the flop calls make it look like an A might be out there, and when you check through the turn and then the guy first to act is happy to bet into the field, I'd say you're beat fairly often. Unless the guy is an idiot and a chronic bluffer.

Thanks,

Nigel