PDA

View Full Version : WSOP $300 Satellite

45suited
05-27-2005, 04:53 PM
This might be a bit of a stupid question, but does anybody change their strategy any for these qualifiers? I qualified for the multi-table satellite, and I'm wondering if the stakes will make it easier to steal near the bubble? My hunch is that people are so afraid to bust out that this could be a stealer's paradise. Kind of open ended I know - I'm used to SNG's so I was wondering if anybody had any specific advice for these. (I'd post this in the multi-table section, but you guys are my boys!!!)

Seadood228
05-27-2005, 05:00 PM
A lot of this depends on which site you are playing. On Stars and Party, there will typically be an avg of >10BBs/person on the bubble. This doesn't bode too well for Party SNGers, because your steals are often met with resteals..

But yes the play is generally much tighter, last one to push usually wins /images/graemlins/smile.gif

citanul
05-27-2005, 05:02 PM
multi table play is entirely different than sng play.

but, the bubble has the same underlying principles. if you get there, pwn that bubble hardcore.

gluck,

citanul

45suited
06-22-2005, 02:48 AM
I posted last month that I had won my way into the $300 WS multi table qualifier. I played in one $9 quaifier, got through that, and then got through the $36 qualifier. Well, I waited until the last minute to play my satellite for the WS. (Taking all the time I can to improve my game... and a little bit chicken!) 389 players, 8 seats, 11 spots pay.

I played the best I could, took a big hit during the middle of the tournament. Could've been among the chip leaders but my check raise all-in with 99 from the BB after a flop of 238 rainbow was called by my one opponent with ATo and he spiked a T on the river. Kicked myself for not just betting the flop, but then snapped out of it and reminded myself that I got my money as a 3:1 favorite.

I regained my composure (after almost breaking my hand on my desk) came back from that beat, got healthy again, and made a nice run. Unfortunately, it comes down to races and my luckbox let me down. With the blinds at 500-1000, UTG chip leader raised to 3800. This put me all in on the button with 99, his AJ took me down.

I win that hand and I'm in 12th chip position with 27 players left.... But that's poker. No such thing as a moral victory, but coming kind of close (27th) in my first big multi table tournament isn't bad for a lowly grinder on the 11s and 22s.

I just wanted to thank all the top posters on this forum for helping me with my game. Your advice has been invaluable and has improved my game tremendously. Next year, I plan on qualifying!

This has me thinking of toying with some MTTs but I don't think that I could take playing my ass off for 3 hours and then coming away with nothing...

benza13
06-22-2005, 03:30 AM
Bubbling and near bubbling in MTTs is even more frustrating than it sounds. 3+ hours of good play ruined by a bad beat can get really dangerous to both your desk and your hand. The occasional huge cashes are very nice though.