PDA

View Full Version : A couple of 8s

Macint0sh
05-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has 4s Kd (three of a kind, kings).
Hero has 8d 8h (two pair, kings and eights).
Outcome: MP wins 9.50 BB. </font>

Table is passive, with about every 15 hands no people seeing the flop and guys checking/calling eveyrthing from tpgk to a flopped two pair with the nut flush draw, but no good read on MP.

Is this just giving away my money?

milesdyson
05-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Raise preflop!!!!

Okay so you raised the flop (I would just fold). Passive player (I'm assuming, since the table is passive) is betting into you again. What do you think he has? This should be an easy fold (it's something that has your eights beaten every time).

kapw7
05-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Flop raise doubtfull. Turn: You lose to a K. to a 9. to a straight. Party is rigged. What else do you need to forget your miserable pocket eights?

A_C_Slater
05-27-2005, 05:04 PM
I would raise with 88 here preflop against one weak limper and just call with two limpers. The flop comes KK9 two suited and you have pocket underpair in a 5 SB pot. Do not go to war over pots this small. You hand is already marginal and not much hope to improve. It can only get worse. You said they were passive and check/calling with two pair and then someone bets a flop like this one and you call with your hand? He has to have at least a nine, does he not? Your best hope is he's betting a flush draw (unlikely given table description) but even if he is there is still 3 calling stations behind you waiting to call your futile "field reducing" raise.

imported_Reaction
05-27-2005, 05:05 PM
I don't play six max but would think that you would want to raise that PF. Pocket pair 2 or three handed is way better than 5.

AmarilloJim1
05-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Flop raise...no good.

Macint0sh
05-27-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play six max but would think that you would want to raise that PF. Pocket pair 2 or three handed is way better than 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is from 10 handed, party doesn't offer 6 max .5/1. Guess that's why I played it so poorly /images/graemlins/wink.gif