PDA

View Full Version : If you have a hand you cant fold - dont check?

Atropos
05-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($56.3)
Hero ($102.95)
UTG ($152.6)
MP ($81.05)
CO ($54.78)
Button ($159.9)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls $8.

Flop: ($26.50) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($26.50) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($26.50) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $60</font>, Hero calls $70.95 (All-In), Button calls $30.95.

Final Pot: $208.40

Button was tight but quite aggressive, I hoped he would bet if he had anything. Is this play harakiri if there is a flush draw out there because it is very hard for me to fold my nice AAA hand? How do you like the river?

RiverFenix
05-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Why would you worry about a flush draw when you hold the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and he called a substantial pf reraise? Your line isnt the best, but in this situation it took down the pot. Im guessing QQ, but perhaps KK and AK pay you off here.

amoeba
05-27-2005, 04:15 PM
I would bet the turn to try to build a pot.

I think checking the flop is fine inspite of flush draw due to headsup status.

Also, even if flush hits the turn, you might not let it go so checking the flop isn't too bad. Villain might make mistake of checking or underbetting the turn when flush hits and allowing you to hit your redraw cheap.

Atropos
05-27-2005, 04:15 PM
"Why would you worry about a flush draw when you hold the A and he called a substantial pf reraise? Your line isnt the best, but in this situation it took down the pot. Im guessing QQ, but perhaps KK and AK pay you off here."

Yes that was my thought too, I did not fear the flush draw. What would be a better line? Bet the turn after he checked behind? I hoped that not only QQ,KK,AK would pay me off but also AQ and every possible set /images/graemlins/smile.gif

RiverFenix
05-27-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hoped that not only QQ,KK,AK would pay me off but also AQ and every possible set /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me, of course all those hands would probably pay you off. I meant QQ,KK,AK were most probable if he is raising all in and is tight.

Atropos
05-27-2005, 05:16 PM
OK then. I just posted it because he had JTo and made me very very sad. It's quite a crazy phenomenom, normally tight players make loose moves against me and that's why I misread their hands /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Simplistic
05-27-2005, 05:26 PM
build the pot

RedRum
05-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Wish I didn't see the results until after the suggestions, but you check flop and turn allowing him to hit his (few) outs. you gave him 2 chances to hit his flush draw (if he had one) and the gutshot or runner-runner straight.
If you would have led the flop, bet the turn, I guarantee he wouldn't have been in by the river. AAA looks sweet, but I'd try to force out the flush draw on the flop.

Drink More,
RedRum

Guin
05-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Slow play on the flop is your error. Make people pay to outdraw you.

thesharpie
05-27-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Slow play on the flop is your error. Make people pay to outdraw you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slowplay on the turn was the error, although it's not a big one.

Nice flop check.