PDA

View Full Version : Schapelle Corby 20-Year Sentence

Hoopster81
05-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Link (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/05/27/corby.appeal/index.html)

Slightly better than the firing squad that she could have got, although I doubt she will survive the 20 years.

How people are still even put in jail for non-violent crimes is beyond me.

jakethebake
05-27-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. They be made to be someone's butler instead. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pshreck
05-27-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Replace that with victimless crimes and you have a point. She was a drug dealer, Im not losing sleep over this one.

jakethebake
05-27-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Replace that with victimless crimes and you have a point. She was a drug dealer, Im not losing sleep over this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I view drug dealing as a victimless crime.

edit: it's kinda hard to argue that someone that pays for the privelege is a "victim".

pshreck
05-27-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"LOL"

Hoopster81
05-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Who is getting hurt by there being an extra 9 pounds of MARIJUANA in a country? Who are the victims????? The junk food????

2+2 wannabe
05-27-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"LOL"

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

Voltron87
05-27-2005, 04:03 PM
two things:

1. drug dealing is generally over prosecuted. 20 years for marijuana? that aint right.

2. you have to be absolutely retarded to try and smuggle 9 pounds of weed ON AN INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT. i could elaborate, but i don't have to. she has no one to blame but herself (assuming she is really guilty).

pshreck
05-27-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who is getting hurt by there being an extra 9 pounds of MARIJUANA in a country? Who are the victims????? The junk food????

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt sure, but after this post, Im sure... this belongs in politics. Im sure you feel its way to obvious to even have a reasonable argument about, but thats why it belongs in politics.

Hoopster81
05-27-2005, 04:06 PM
nice cop out

pshreck
05-27-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nice cop out

[/ QUOTE ]

I love crazy people.

Hoopster81
05-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Just tell me exactly who you think the "victims" are.

jakethebake
05-27-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right. This has been debated ad nauseum in politics. there's probably a debate going on there right now you could join.

RunDownHouse
05-27-2005, 04:38 PM
From the CNN article I read (my only exposure to this trial/crime), it sounded like her defense about the baggage people planting it might be legit.

Aussies, what's the word on that? Was she seriously trying to smuggle a huge brick of pot on her commercial flight?

BreakfastBurrito
05-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Not an aussie, but having grown up for several years in SE Asia, the penalties for importing drugs are very well known. You can get away with basically anything in most of those countries, just don't kill anyone and don't import drugs. It's just something you don't mess around with. So given her background and the methods used to smuggle drugs, it seems very likely that it was planted.

nokona13
05-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Come on people. As pragmatic gamblers, I'd think that of any community, the people on this board could at least agree that dealing pot is NOT hurting anyone. Drinking and smoking cigarettes regularly are both MUCH worse for you than smoking marijuana regularly. If she was pushing crack or heroin, then okay, maybe that's not so good, but she was carrying weed for christ's sake...

jakethebake
05-27-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Come on people. As pragmatic gamblers, I'd think that of any community, the people on this board could at least agree that dealing pot is NOT hurting anyone. Drinking and smoking cigarettes regularly are both MUCH worse for you than smoking marijuana regularly. If she was pushing crack or heroin, then okay, maybe that's not so good, but she was carrying weed for christ's sake...

[/ QUOTE ]

POLITICS FORUM!!!!

pshreck
05-27-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

POLITICS FORUM!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

ononimo
05-27-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. They be made to be someone's butler instead. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.
not enough seinfeld fans around here, i guess.

TheJunkyardGod
05-27-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The idiots who do the drugs could be considered the victims of the disease of addiction.

I have more sympathy for drug users being thrown in jail than I do those selling/trafficking them.