PDA

View Full Version : Turned 2 pair got min raised on semi coordinated board

thesharpie
05-27-2005, 03:25 PM
.50/$1 no limit

I have $33 and get a free look at the flop with K/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

$5 - Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 handed)

Checks around.

Turns K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets $4, EP limper raises to $8, folded around to me.

What's my plan here? I'll post the rest and results after I get a few responses.

thesharpie
05-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Bump!

stu-unger
05-27-2005, 10:58 PM
if u werent so short u'd be facing a decision but seing your so short i think u just have to push and hope to double through. min raise looks like a strong hand but with only another 27 in front of i dont see much of a choice

thesharpie
05-29-2005, 04:56 PM
I decided to just call even though he could be on a draw, as it might induce a river bluff, and if he does have me crushed a scare card might come that'll give me a free showdown or a cheap one. Most people at this table bet less than half the pot at the river, usually 1/4 of it.

I think this line would be good if I had a large stack, but with a short one I should've just pushed. Am I right here?

Anyway, the river is the 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I check and he puts me all in for about $26, there's $21 in the pot. What's your action here?

Zukeman66
05-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I'd say you're looking at JT or a set. Tough lay down seeing as he may just have a Kx.

thesharpie
05-31-2005, 12:05 AM
I think I should've folded, not just because of the results. I don't think villain is betting that much with a hand I beat. I was planning on calling a bet up to half the pot but acted too quickly when he put me all in.

I called and villain showed K8 for the rivered higher two pair.

Anyone else care to post their thoughts?

imported_anacardo
05-31-2005, 12:10 AM
That's rough, dude. If you reraise the turn you're in no position to fold to a push, given your stack size. I don't see any way to play it but the way you did, though I'd be inclined to fold the river (even though my read would be way, way off in this case.) Definitely put a note on that joker.

kevin017
05-31-2005, 01:46 AM
reraise to 16. i bet he would've folded.

imported_anacardo
05-31-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
reraise to 16. i bet he would've folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a little results-oriented, without a read. That's an awfully tough play to make here. Though I think that if you're going to just call the raise, you have to check/fold to any bet larger than about 1/2 the pot on the river. Otherwise, push. I might have to flip a coin or something.