PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods over memorial day

Derek in NYC
05-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Anyone heading up?

Ghazban
05-27-2005, 02:41 PM
For me its down, not up /images/graemlins/tongue.gif -- I'll be there Saturday playing the baby NL game in an effort to rebuild my bankroll from a disasterous Vegas trip last month.

toots
05-27-2005, 03:40 PM
I'll prolly be there on Monday.

Good luck picking me out from the crowd.

BISCO
05-27-2005, 03:47 PM
i'll probably be there really late night tonight playing 1-2NL, i'll be the young guy slamming jack and coke with long hair and a beard

toots
05-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Doesn't it tickle going down?

dcasper70
05-27-2005, 04:05 PM
toots is pure genius...
keep up the good work!

pshreck
05-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Anyone else sometimes pretend someone elses initials are theirs when no one takes the seat?

Last year on Memorial Day I did this when the 1/2 list couldnt even fit on the damned board. I got into a game about 2.5 hours ahead of when I should.

BigSkiRace
05-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Thats the way to do it right there, do it all the time at Turning Stone, walk right into the room hear Don the board guy going PDC for 20/40 hold'em".... Yep right here thats me alright

ZenMusician
05-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey all!

I will be there Sunday night around 11pm to get a seat before
the fake-id crowd mobs the place on Monday AM! I will actually
be playing 2/4 instead of 4/8 or 5/10 to test a theory...

Say "hi" ...I am usually: black hat, Ralph Lauren shirt and
(hopefully) a pyramid of yellows /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jurollo
05-27-2005, 08:50 PM
I will likely be there all day Sunday, till about midnight or so, plan on playing some 4/8 or 1/2NL.
~Justin

JoeU
05-27-2005, 09:51 PM
I was thinking about stopping in this weekend. I'm still not sure when, maybe early Monday AM. If I do go, I'll post it on this thread.

Joe

Ghazban
05-28-2005, 08:36 AM
I feel like ass today so I'll probably be there Sunday instead of Saturday.

zombies kill
05-28-2005, 05:38 PM
ill be there monday. ill probably be at the 2/4 nl, maybe 1/2 nl, or maybe 10/20... im big on table selection. ive spent hundreds of hrs at foxwoods, but oddly enough have yet to meet a 2+2er. im the 6'4'' young guy that talks too much and causes a lot of fights at the table... had a mohawk for a little while. haha. if youre there enough youd definitely recognize me. so say hi.

Blackjack
05-28-2005, 06:34 PM
I'd go.. but I don't feel like waiting 6 hours for a 5/5 NL or 2/4 Nl table.

mgsimpleton
05-29-2005, 06:30 PM
i went, though only for friday, saturday and until this morning (it's sunday now). the lines were surprisingly non-existent and the tables were great. my table (9 person) was me, two decent ABC players and six horrendous players. it was amazing. i amassed a huge pyramid of reds and greens (almost 4K at one point). i think i accomplished the first 1K because when i arrived at the table, in my effort to double up and establish table image, i came as the crazy gambler that came from the 5/5 an ddin't care about money, with a stack of blacks. blacks in my pocket, i proceeded to straddle and raise big... i raised AQo from the SB when limped, got 6 callers and proceeded to blow my first buy in. Luck came through though when in the same orbit i raised JTd, got a pair and flush draw and went all in against a slowplayed AA and doubled up. i of course tightened up to my usual style (super tight OOP, pretty LAG in position) after that, but people didn't realize i switched up until a few ohurs too late when my stack was 1500 or so... i really advise this, people will believe anything if you donk it up and blow a few hundred bucks off the bat.

anyway was a great time. i'll be there all summer, going to stick mostly to 2/4 nl if today is an indicator - i think it's a much much better game than the 5/5. i'm a chick who got confused for a guy by one dealer and two people playing at my table!!! today so you'll know who i am. name's vanessa. stop by and say hi if you're around.

TylerK
05-29-2005, 09:07 PM
I was there Saturday night, waaaaaay back in the corner playing 1/2 NL. A couple of solid players, but mostly a really, really good game.

celticGreen
05-31-2005, 10:59 AM
After my 15 hour shift during the daytime, a few friends and I drove down and got there around 1:15am Monday morning. The list-board was broken, but with 100 people on the list ahead of me, it only took about 35 minutes to get seated because so many people had given up... It was that time of night anyways. Had a good time, played about 7 hours of 1/2NL. Was stuck at a table down by the Kino board.

Had a pretty boring table... Asian kid with a ton of chips, because he'd bet at almost anything and when he hit people would pay him off with their whole stacks. Saw one guy call him for about $55 of his $70 stack on the turn, then fold the river instead of calling for his last $15.

We got a bunch of players from a broken table, two big stacks. The only big hand all night was when I was up against one of them: I had TP with a K kicker at the turn, gentleman puts me all in and I have to think for a minute or two (apologizing to the table), decide that I can't put him on a hand that beats me (aside from maybe A10). His face and the way he pushed also suggested that he thought I didn't have much of anything. I call, tell him "Just tens." River is an ace and I believe he showed J10... By then he had already said I was good, and I was already collecting the ~$320 in the pot.

Left around 7:30am and because of the holiday hit no traffic getting back to Boston. I've never seen the expressway so vacant. I think we made it in an hour and 25 minutes, a new record for us.

-Josh