PDA

View Full Version : Double AK hand

betgo
05-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Live 1/2 NL. One limper. 6th position raises to 10. I call in CO with AKo. SB raises to 35. Original raiser and I call.

Flop comes K54 with a 2-flush. Reraiser bets 40, original raiser calls. Reraiser has about 140 left, raiser about 80. I have both covered. I am a little worried that the reraiser has AA or KK. The original raiser seems like a calling station. I am sure he started out with a legitimate raising hand, but I am not too worried about him. There is 190 in the pot and 140 left, so I push to protect my hand.

Both players fold. Someone says, "you've goy to show that", so I show. Reraiser is really upset. He says he had AK too and it would have been a split pot. He said he figured when I went allin I had a set of 4s or 5s or something.

His preflop reraise wasn't bad, but when he got that flop, he should have figured he needed to commit his chips. Once he made the money shallow, he had to go with TPTK. Allin no longer meant more than one pair.

The flop bet was also a little small, which is one reason I wasn't thinking he had AK. It looked more like either he had a set or had missed.

This guy played a reasonable game and wasn't a calling station or a maniac, but his ability to read the situation and his nerve to commit all his chips were not so hot.

I have made $700 in the last 9 hours of playing 1/2 NL. I probably could play 2/5, but I need to get more comfortable with live NL first. Online, I will 5 table 25c/50c. which is the same amount of blinds per hour as live 2/5, but you have to get used to throwing around hundreds of dollars on a big hand such as this.