PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this one...

Jonsan
05-27-2005, 02:10 PM
.05/.10 $10 buy-in NLHE on Pacific
9 players, I am BB, I get (7h8h).
6 people limp in, I check.
Flop came down (7s 8s 6s), $.70 in the pot.

I have 2 pair on a scary board. I hate these hands.

SB checks, I check, EP bets $.10, everyone calls to me, I raise to $.20 (should have raised more?), CO raises to $.80, everyone calls. Pot is $5.25

I figure CO either has a flush, a straight, or is on a solid draw, but I don't have a good read and I couldn’t let go of the 2 pair just yet.

Turn comes (Kh), Checks around to CO, who bets $2.
SB calls, I call, MP calls, so there are 4 of us left, pot is $12.85.

River comes (3d), SB checks, I check, MP folds (wtf?), CO bets $5.04, SB folds.

So I would have to pay $5.04 to see his cards, and potentially win $12.89.

I fold. CO has been making 1/2 pot sized bets the whole time, and this last one just feels like he wants the call or raise. I think the laydown on the river was warranted. Anyone disagree? Anyone think my flop or turn should have been played differently? I have some thoughts about what I should have done, but I would love to hear input from y’all.

Thanks!

Jon

Mordok
05-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I would say you are far behind from the start, especially given all the flush chasers in low limit games. That and your chances of pulling a boat weren't that high and you were paying pretty heavily for each card an early fold was probably your best bet.

Other than that I think you read it pretty well yourself. Only difference in your logic is that it's not 'letting go of two pair', since that was probably beat on the flop. Your MP missed his draw and the CO kept sucking money out of y'all. One of the hardest things to learn is folding good hands.

Just my $.02 anyway, someone else will probably correct it :P

edge
05-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Play it fast. You're probably ahead on the flop, but there are a ton of cards that wreck your hand and make you cry. Raise the flop to $1. The turn is a safe card. Bet hard. The river is another safe card. I call the bet.