PDA

View Full Version : Cy Young

tbach24
05-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Johan (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6441) , Pedro (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4875) , Prior (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6787) , Clemens (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/3340) , Peavy (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6872) , Dontrelle (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7133) , Garland (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6396) , Mussina (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4715) , Hudson (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4715) Vazquez (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5947) , Buehlre (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6525) , Bedard (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6910)

tbach24
05-27-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm going with Bedard (even though he is now injured) and Peavy.

Bedard has a good K/BB (better than 4/1), doesn't give up many HR's (3), and is 5-1. Johan was second.

Peavy has a 6/1 K/BB, only 4 HR's, and is 5-0. He has been flatout disgusting as of late as well (1 ER in the past 23 IP). Clemens was a close second, followed by Dontrelle at 3.

BWebb
05-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Santana is awesome and he will probably end up winning the award, but no way he should get votes in this poll. As of right now, he has nothing on Garland or Bedard.

BWebb
05-27-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going with Bedard (even though he is now injured) and Peavy.

Bedard has a good K/BB (better than 4/1), doesn't give up many HR's (3), and is 5-1. Johan was second.

Peavy has a 6/1 K/BB, only 4 HR's, and is 5-0. He has been flatout disgusting as of late as well (1 ER in the past 23 IP). Clemens was a close second, followed by Dontrelle at 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had it the same way, except Garland 2nd in the AL.

shadyridr
05-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Right now its clearly Garland and Willis although it wont end that way.

tbach24
05-27-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Mussina- 0 0%

[/ QUOTE ]

I see Dead hasn't seen this yet.

wayabvpar
05-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Peavy is absolutely filthy.

Thythe
05-27-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Mussina- 0 0%

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of Dead, why are Yankees fans so blind in their love for the Yankees? I mean I absolutely love the Minnesota Twins and watch nearly every game on MlbTv, but I'm realistic when it comes to their chances. Yankees fans are like "the Yankees will win the WS this year with 100% probability"

Voltron87
05-27-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Mussina- 0 0%

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of Dead, why are Yankees fans so blind in their love for the Yankees? I mean I absolutely love the Minnesota Twins and watch nearly every game on MlbTv, but I'm realistic when it comes to their chances. Yankees fans are like "the Yankees will win the WS this year with 100% probability"

[/ QUOTE ]

that is just dead being a moron.

im not like that.

Voltron87
05-27-2005, 02:50 PM
right now i say garland/clemens.

its a wash between garland and bedard, but bedard is on the dl and could be really, really in trouble with the MCL, apparently it is not just a take 5-6 starts off" thing, but a surgery.

stankybank
05-27-2005, 02:53 PM
I remember picking up Johan Santana, Jake Peavy, and Mark Prior in my fantasy league a few years back when they were virtually unknown and they all did well for me. I made sure to look after them the following year but they were drafted early or taken somehow when they were basically on reserve the previous year. ESPN did this thing on young phenom Mark Prior and I picked him up that very night and he recorded like 11K's the next day. Sweet feeling.

Anyhow, I pick Santana and Peavy this year.

pryor15
05-27-2005, 02:58 PM
where's brett myers?

tbach24
05-27-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
where's brett myers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap, I knew I missed someone /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pryor15
05-27-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where's brett myers?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i vote for him.

4-2, 1.688 ERA, 0.909 WHIP, 74K in 69.1 IP

tbach24
05-27-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where's brett myers?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i vote for him.

4-2, 1.688 ERA, 0.909 WHIP, 74K in 69.1 IP

[/ QUOTE ]

Clemens has better ERA, better WHIP, similar K/9. The W-L is only 1 win off. I don't see how you could have Myers as better.

I'm surprised that Pedro hasn't recieved a vote yet.

pryor15
05-27-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clemens has better ERA, better WHIP, similar K/9. The W-L is only 1 win off. I don't see how you could have Myers as better.

I'm surprised that Pedro hasn't recieved a vote yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, myers does have a better K/BB and as a red sox fan, i die a little bit every time clemens wins one /images/graemlins/mad.gif

or maybe it's my contrarian nature voting for the guy left off...

IndieMatty
05-27-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Mussina- 0 0%

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im not like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huskiez
05-27-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In no way does Dead represent views of Yankee fans in general. He's just a biased fan. I find fault with a lot of what he says, but don't take time to respond.

You're realistic when it comes to Minnesota's chances because for the last decade, Minnesota has not had a chance or has not done any damage in the postseason except for their series win in 2002. The Yankees have not only won four World Series in that span, but have consistently put themselves in a spot to win or reach the World Series. Personally, I think the Yankees' chance to win this year is about 20%.

As for the poll, I voted Garland and Willis. That's for current Cy Young. I think the eventual winners will be Santana and Peavy.

tbach24
05-27-2005, 03:42 PM
CHICAGO PITCHER MARK PRIOR LEFT THE GAME IN THE TOP OF THE FOURTH INNING WITH AN APPARENT INJURY TO HIS RIGHT ARM.

Haha

Dominic
05-27-2005, 03:43 PM
guys, it's still May for Chris'sakes!

pryor15
05-27-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CHICAGO PITCHER MARK PRIOR LEFT THE GAME IN THE TOP OF THE FOURTH INNING WITH AN APPARENT INJURY TO HIS RIGHT ARM.

Haha

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm thinking of starting an organization called "Fans of Quality Pitching Against Dusty Baker", but i need a better acronym

tbach24
05-27-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Haha

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm thinking of starting an organization called "Fans of Quality Pitching Against Dusty Baker", but i need a better acronym

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually was thinking about this after his last start. He went like 150 pitches for a CGSO and I was pissed because I had the CHC closer at the time on my team and was like "fuck, at least Prior will get injured now" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voltron87
05-27-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Haha

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually was thinking about this after his last start. He went like 150 pitches for a CGSO and I was pissed because I had the CHC closer at the time on my team and was like "fuck, at least Prior will get injured now" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

leaving prior in was seriously retarded. me > dusty baker

tbach24
05-27-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
leaving prior in was seriously retarded. me > dusty baker

[/ QUOTE ]

Baker's son would probably do a better job. I think he's retarded or something too.

shadyridr
05-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Why would somebody vote for Mussina? Hes not even the Yankees best pitcher (Wang).

tbach24
05-27-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would somebody vote for Mussina? Hes not even the Yankees best pitcher (Wang).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wang sucks. Mussina has pitched more IP and has done better. And the reason someone would vote for Mussina is because they are an irrational Yankees fan named Dead.

pryor15
05-27-2005, 03:56 PM
i think if Maddux wasn't such an icon, dusty would probably have him on the fast-track to the DL as well. it's to the point that getting cubs pitchers for your roto team isn't worth it.

Voltron87
05-27-2005, 04:05 PM
wang does not suck. hes certainly no ace, but he has been really good. in comparison to mussina and johnson obviously hes not very good and not a big game pitcher yet, but the guy was called out of AAA a month ago. hes been putting up 7 IP 3 ER every night, hes been solid.

tbach24
05-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Okay, I was being harsh with mr. Wang. However, saying he's as good as Mussina, Brown (SO UNLUCKY), Pavano or RJ is ridic.

sublime
05-27-2005, 04:08 PM

ding ding ding. unfortunatly society seeems to always recognize the biggest moron and use him as the poster boy for a group of people.

like, i could talk baseball all day with andyfox, and not even care that he is a yankees fan but would hate to have to sit in the same room as 90% of the people who root for the sox.

shadyridr
05-27-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wang sucks. Mussina has pitched more IP and has done better. And the reason someone would vote for Mussina is because they are an irrational Yankees fan named Dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Do you even watch baseball? Wang is 3rd IN THE MAJORS in 1-2-3 innings behind Clemens and Martinez and has pitched a quality start in every game but 1.

shadyridr
05-27-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I was being harsh with mr. Wang. However, saying he's as good as Mussina, Brown (SO UNLUCKY), Pavano or RJ is ridic.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the long run I agree (except for Brown) but as of today (right this moment) I think he's been the Yankees best starter.

tbach24
05-27-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Do you even watch baseball? Wang is 3rd IN THE MAJORS in 1-2-3 innings behind Clemens and Martinez and has pitched a quality start in every game but 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, because 1-2-3 IP are so important.

If a game is 9 innings, how much does 1 inning matter?

1/9 to prevent smartass responses.

shadyridr
05-27-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, because 1-2-3 IP are so important.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif1-2-3 IP means the opponent doesnt score a run. Pretty important IMO considering who's 1st and 2nd in the majors.

pryor15
05-27-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but he's yet to have a dominant start and has a K/BB of 12/7 in 33IP (which is really bad) can you say first time through the league?

tbach24
05-27-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1-2-3 IP means the opponent doesnt score a run. Pretty important IMO considering who's 1st and 2nd in the majors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought a 1-2-3 IP meant that three batters came up and those 3 went down in that inning. Hence the "3 up, 3 down" phrase.

Voltron87
05-27-2005, 04:36 PM
yeah, you just can't judge a guy from AAA the same as someone with a 10,000,000+ contract.

hes been solid, not yet dominating, but hes got potential. i really hope we dont trade him.

Dead
05-27-2005, 04:37 PM
The clear choice for AL Cy Young is Michael Cole Mussina. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And Wang is awesome.

Aytumious
05-27-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Haha

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching the game. He took a very sharp liner off of the elbow. Not very funny at all.

jakethebake
05-27-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Mussina- 0 0%

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Mussina - 1 02%

There ya go!

Dead
05-27-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Mussina- 0 0%

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Mussina - 1 02%

There ya go!

[/ QUOTE ]

And I hadn't even voted yet! Now there are two. Someone else on here likes the Moose as well.

pryor15
05-27-2005, 05:25 PM
since when does a WHIP over 1.30 make you a clear choice? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Soya
05-27-2005, 05:45 PM
I think Kenny Rogers should at least be on the list. He's got the lowest ERA in the AL at 1.69 and while his WHIP and K numbers aren't that good the old man deserves some resepect.

pryor15
05-27-2005, 05:49 PM
props for the old guy getting it done.