PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand

betgo
05-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Live 1/2 NL. 3 limpers to me in 5th position. I raise to 12 with QQ. Both blinds cold call and all 3 limper call, making it 6-handed (I probably should have raised more, but I wasn't sure how the table was playing that way.).

Flop comes J88 with a 2-flush. Checked to me. I bet 40 and get one caller in the blinds. Turn is a 6: check/check. River is another 6 making a 3-flush. Villain bets 75. Should I call? Any other comments on how I played this?

EchoOfThunder
05-27-2005, 12:14 PM
I would fold. You got a check caller which makes me assume he is either drawing to a flush, waiting to check raise you with an 8 on the turn or has a jack and fears an overpair. I would probably lay it down on the river, all you have beat is a jack and you are dead to both a flush draw and an 8, which he could have considering everyone seems to be calling with everything.

betgo
05-27-2005, 12:32 PM
I folded. I thought afterwords that I was getting 3-1 on my money and maybe should have called the 1/2 pot bet. I was wondering if he would value bet a jack in that situation or bluff figuring as the raiser I had an overpair or overcards and didn't connect with the dangerous board.

With 5 callers, I was not happy to see the pair of 8s on the flop.

Chicago Kid
05-27-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably should have raised more

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it in a nutshell. QQ doesn't like to play against a lot of hands, and that's what you ended up with.

That said, you're behind way too many possible hands (given the number of initial callers) and you're ahead of too few.

I think you have to fold.

TheWorstPlayer
05-27-2005, 01:28 PM
What are the stack sizes? I probably bet the turn and take a free showdown. The way you played it, I'm definitely calling the river.