PDA

View Full Version : *** red sox yankees game one thread (red sox POV)**** also a plea

sublime
05-27-2005, 11:49 AM
hey all-

game 1 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sfiphil/randygrinch2.jpg vs http://www.geocities.com/wakeredsox/studio/studio015.jpg

as for the plea part. i will not beat around the bush, IMO dead ruins any sports related thread he posts in and turns it into a circus. i can respect the fact that he is a NYY fan, but it seems hwe watches a different sport than everybody else. unfortunatly he is on 'your' side (MBen/Voltron/andyfox and other NYY fan) so YOU can deal with him. i suppose what i am suggesting is your own thread to comment in this game about. or i am banning dead from this thread. either view is fine.

pokerjo22
05-27-2005, 11:55 AM
The headline in the Globe this morning on the Yankees: "Playing Dead". Spooky.

shadyridr
05-27-2005, 11:57 AM
I'll be there. I'm a Yankee fan. Kind of bizarre how the season has turned in the last few weeks. Red Sox are just playing horribly. Anyway, its our worst pitcher going against Wakefield who dominates us so Im a little nervous.

tbach24
05-27-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm calling a jonrun by Manny tonight.

Sox take the game 6-2

sublime
05-27-2005, 12:00 PM
so goes the old saying.....you cant win a championship in april and may....but you can lose one....yanks have too much talent to let that happen...so do the sox.....

jo, lets cut to the chase. when we going out?

sublime
05-27-2005, 12:02 PM
I'll be there. I'm a Yankee fan. Kind of bizarre how the season has turned in the last few weeks. Red Sox are just playing horribly

yeah the teams basically flip flopped. well the sox arent playing as bad as the yanks were (well for as long) but the yanks are playing very goot ball right now. i love baseball.

sublime
05-27-2005, 06:33 PM
almost that time kids!!!

tonight starts a tough stretch for the sox, they really need to man up and play like the champs that they are.

jnalpak
05-27-2005, 06:51 PM
I love redsox posts...i dont want to start the bashing but you guys are in a serious slump and if you fail to take 1 game this weekend it will be pretty painful following the all-star break.

on another note, A-Rod and Unit need to produce against the world champs (see the respect i show, lol) tonight or there will be serious issues in the papers tomorrow...Damned if they do and damned if they dont...

IndieMatty
05-27-2005, 07:01 PM
I started my own thread, but figured it was lame to have 2 threads on one topic.

Good luck tonight. Wakefield owns the Yanks so it should be a good one.

sublime
05-27-2005, 07:08 PM
u said FU in ur thread!!!

meanie

IndieMatty
05-27-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
u said FU in ur thread!!!

meanie

[/ QUOTE ]

hah. nothin but /images/graemlins/heart.gif bro.

jnalpak
05-27-2005, 07:53 PM
did Michael Kay just say that in the Globe they interviewed Manny about his terrible .243 avg and he blamed it on a medical problem with a long name and that he had to massage his mother all the time and that her issue is on her mind a lot....the reporter then asked if it was ARTHRITIS and he says, "oh yeah thats it"

Manny we believe you!!

WHAT A JOKE!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

kerssens
05-27-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm a disinterested third party to this game but I must say that Randy Johnson is the biggest douchebag jackass in the history of the universe.

contentless
05-27-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did Michael Kay just say that in the Globe they interviewed Manny about his terrible .243 avg and he blamed it on a medical problem with a long name and that he had to massage his mother all the time and that her issue is on her mind a lot....the reporter then asked if it was ARTHRITIS and he says, "oh yeah thats it"

Manny we believe you!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this important at all? Does it have any relevance to anything?

tbach24
05-27-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Manny we believe you!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny. Stop being a nit.

contentless
05-27-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Manny we believe you!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny. Stop being a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really? Let me check...no, it's not funny in any way whatsoever.

tbach24
05-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Even if you feel you are too clever to think it's funny, don't be a nit.

JackWilson
05-27-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a disinterested third party to this game but I must say that Randy Johnson is the biggest douchebag jackass in the history of the universe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't watch baseball but ESPN has the game on and I watched like 10 mins. A finer example of classic white trash looks I would be hard-pressed to find.

Also, is it just the kit they wear that makes them look fat? Or are they all oversize?

contentless
05-27-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be akin to me going into random Yankees threads, and saying: "I'm not looking to bash the Yankees, but LOLOMGZ Giambi didn't say what he was sorry about! WHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH".

That's not funny, it's just obnoxious. It has nothing to do with being 'clever' or not. Athletes say stupid [censored] all the time. This isn't funny.

kerssens
05-27-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, is it just the kit they wear that makes them look fat? Or are they all oversize?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you're talking about here. Are you talking about their uniforms? They tend to make fat players look fat.

JackWilson
05-27-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you're talking about here. Are you talking about their uniforms? They tend to make fat players look fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, kit = uniforms. As in, they look really round around their midsections.

Jack of Arcades
05-27-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, kit = uniforms. As in, they look really round around their midsections.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, most uniforms tend to be baggy. More or less the way it's always been.

sublime
05-27-2005, 08:43 PM
dinger

sublime
05-27-2005, 08:50 PM
you guys see jeter blowing bubbles as he was heading into second? wow, that is impressive.

jnalpak
05-27-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be akin to me going into random Yankees threads, and saying: "I'm not looking to bash the Yankees, but LOLOMGZ Giambi didn't say what he was sorry about! WHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH".

That's not funny, it's just obnoxious. It has nothing to do with being 'clever' or not. Athletes say stupid [censored] all the time. This isn't funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he told the reporter his mother was suffering from a medical condition that is long in words and agreed later that he was talking about ARTHRITIS, then yes...its sofa-king funny that i didnt stop laughing....

Dead
05-27-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you guys see jeter blowing bubbles as he was heading into second? wow, that is impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your little bitch shortstop can't compare to ours.

Soul Daddy
05-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Jeter does have great spin moves.

Edited to appease Sublime

sublime
05-27-2005, 08:58 PM
please dont quote dead, i am then forced to read what the goat fcuker has to say.

Dead
05-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Ugly Boston freak. Go pahk the cah at the habah.

contentless
05-27-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jeter does have great spin moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Soul Daddy.

sublime
05-27-2005, 09:10 PM
*** You are ignoring this user ***

i agree dead, bellhorn should not have been sent home. i have to disagree on your other point though, vagine is slightly more appetizing than stick-pus$y.

contentless
05-27-2005, 09:12 PM
God, I hate Sveum.

sublime
05-27-2005, 09:14 PM
God, I hate Sveum.

the sentiments of red sox nation. the bellhorn send was awful. one out and the meat of the order due. terrible. then damno ends the inning with manny on deck....ughghghghghg

Soul Daddy
05-27-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
God, I hate Sveum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Word.

And I hate Michael Kay. "Randy Johnson is saved by the sparkling defense of the Yankees!"

sublime
05-27-2005, 09:15 PM
sparkling defense of the Yankees

lol

Dead
05-27-2005, 09:15 PM
3-3 BABY.

CANO HOMER.

SEND THAT MINOR LEAGUE PAYTON BACK TO PAWTUCKETTTT BITCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

sublime
05-27-2005, 09:17 PM

hang a fishing lure on the end of it, it should grow.

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-27-2005, 09:17 PM
I laughed out loud. Mostly because I'm watching the live update on my fantasy baseball league thing and I turned away and turned back to see SCORE, CANO HOMERED TO DEEP RIGHT.

Heh, go Cano!

ThaSaltCracka
05-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Varitek and Jeter are both total gamers, great for baseball.

DougOzzzz
05-27-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
God, I hate Sveum.

the sentiments of red sox nation. the bellhorn send was awful. one out and the meat of the order due. terrible. then damno ends the inning with manny on deck....ughghghghghg

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw this crap and knew the Sox would lose. It's been that way lately.

sublime
05-27-2005, 09:25 PM
saw that sheffield homer coming a mile away

mostsmooth
that ball was hit hard

Dead
6-3 YANKEES BITCH.

HEY SUBLIME. MR BOSTON BABBYYYYY. YOUR BULLPEN SUCKS!!!!!!

sublime
05-27-2005, 09:27 PM

have you noticed NOBODY is paying attention to you?

you are small, weak and unloved.

Dead
05-27-2005, 09:28 PM
I told my girlfriend that sheffield would hit a homer, and he did.

So suck it.

sublime
05-27-2005, 09:29 PM

what? who?

Dead
05-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Freak. Go to the habah.

Yankees win. THUHHHHH YANKEEEEES WINN!!!!

andyfox
05-27-2005, 11:20 PM
I agree. A pleasure to watch them both play. Obviously, Manny and Ortiz are great hitters who are struggling just now; but, as a Yankee fan, the guys I least like to see coming up for the Sox with men on base are Varitek and Damon.

ThaSaltCracka
05-28-2005, 04:42 AM
totally, Varitek and Jeter play the gam right, good to see. i almost want to root for Jason /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dead
05-28-2005, 04:43 AM
Some Yankee fan you are.

Rooting for the guy who attacked A-Rod with his catcher's gear still on?

Varitek is a tool.

My sweep prediction for this weekend still stands.

ThaSaltCracka
05-28-2005, 04:46 AM
A-Rod is a tool, no meter who he plays for. I have no love for that biothc.

Dead
05-28-2005, 04:50 AM
He's the best right now.

3rd in baseball in OPS, #1 in HR, #1 in RBI by a lot, and #1 in runs scored.

He's on track to hit .315 with 50 homers and 150 RBIs. THat has to impress you.

Voltron87
05-28-2005, 10:15 AM
that was a beating. cano is [censored] nice, the kid has got skills. not only the hr, had a nice throw home. and sheffield hr was a shot, 3rd deck, no question. nice throw by tony womack, right on the money.

So: Cano & Sheffield >> Sveum and sox bullpen.

Pahk the cah at tha habah! the yankees are 8-2 in the last 10, boston is 3-7. finally now that the yankees are ahead of boston you can all shut the [censored] up about us being on fire and not moving up.

sublime
05-28-2005, 11:35 AM
yawn

the NYY look great, the sox look awful.

yawn. its may.

Voltron87
05-28-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yawn

the NYY look great, the sox look awful.

yawn. its may.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, sounds like me 3 weeks ago.

sublime
05-28-2005, 11:47 AM
lol, sounds like me 3 weeks ago.

yeah, and if i recall correctly i posted a few times that it was in fact only april/may. not to say i didnt enjoy the NYY looking awful, but the truth is both of these teams are too good be fall out of the race before the all star break. after the sox get schilling back and he pitches 2 times i will start thinking about the fate of the 2005 red sox (not to mention the trade deadline, which should coincide with schills return). hard to find holes with the NYY right now, but we both know they are there.

did i mention how much i love baseball?

Dead
05-28-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Pahk the cah at tha habah!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, did you see me say that earlier in the thread, or did you come up with it yourself? I'm genuinely curious.

Dead
05-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Schilling isn't coming back for 2-3 months. By then the Sox will be out of the division race. They'll be 10 games back.

Voltron87
05-28-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Pahk the cah at tha habah!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, did you see me say that earlier in the thread, or did you come up with it yourself? I'm genuinely curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

no I saw you write it, and thought it was funny. That's two funnies this weekend that I've actually laughed at. I laughed at the habah comment because you kept saying it.