PDA

View Full Version : Online Euchre is rigged

ApolloQuiet
05-27-2005, 11:05 AM
And here's the proof:

I was playing at Pogo, practicing with the computers, and I had a hand with the J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, so when it got to me I called diamonds alone as trump. Wouldn't you know it, my two computer opponants had the A,K,Q,T AND the 9 of diamonds as well as the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif and A/images/graemlins/club.gif, and they beat beat me in 3 out of the 5 tricks, as well as beat me out of 2 points. Thank God I haven't put any money into it yet, but I know that those game servers are sitting smugly in their little compartments laughing at me and calling me a nit. My ego just can't take it.

Let this be a forewarning to you all.

highlife
05-27-2005, 11:06 AM
also, windows XP cheats at hearts. i just found that out today!

ApolloQuiet
05-27-2005, 11:07 AM
F***, the conspiracy just keeps growing.

grimel
05-27-2005, 11:15 AM
There aren't enough euchre players to matter.

ApolloQuiet
05-27-2005, 11:26 AM
I guess I had visions of grandjour (sp?). Since online poker is obviously rigged, I was looking to become the new Chris Moneymaker of some 'sport'. Think about it......ESPN presents.....The 2007 World Championship of Euchre!

Maybe Parcheesi!?!

grimel
05-27-2005, 11:56 AM
If you need a euchre partner I promise we win any hand I deal. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

WLVRYN
05-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Dude, I'm not sure that you are a very good Euchre player. If all you had was the two red jacks, no other diamonds (or hearts since you called diamonds), and obviously no aces, going alone was clearly not the right play and you deserved to lose your two points. I'll play you for money anytime if you want to play like that.

Art Vandelay
05-27-2005, 12:48 PM
If you think Euchre is rigged, you need to enter the vicious world on online Chutes and Ladders. I land on that one ladder that drops you a third of the board 75% of the time.

grimel
05-27-2005, 12:59 PM
you need to find your sarcasim bone.

Brainwalter
05-27-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think Euchre is rigged, you need to enter the vicious world on online Chutes and Ladders. I land on that one ladder that drops you a third of the board 75% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so rigged the ladders drop you?

krimson
05-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Online chess is also rigged. My opponent keeps moving his king twice and his rook in the same turn!!! WTF!?!?!

tinga81
05-27-2005, 02:51 PM
online euchre? .. for money?

where do i sign up?

deception5
05-27-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, I'm not sure that you are a very good Euchre player. If all you had was the two red jacks, no other diamonds (or hearts since you called diamonds), and obviously no aces, going alone was clearly not the right play and you deserved to lose your two points. I'll play you for money anytime if you want to play like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree here - this is 2 tricks guaranteed and one of his other suits may be good or his partner might have one trump or ace to make it a shoo-in. And if the opponents pick trump those jacks are likely useless.

WLVRYN
05-27-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree here - this is 2 tricks guaranteed and one of his other suits may be good or his partner might have one trump or ace to make it a shoo-in. And if the opponents pick trump those jacks are likely useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with you if he didnt say that he went alone. Going alone you have almost no chance of making 5 (esp. since he was at least 3 suited with no aces), whereas if you bring your partner, you have a shot at 5.

ApolloQuiet
05-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Have you ever thought that maybe you're just NOT GOOD at Chutes and Ladders?

Try reading Chutes and Ladders for Advanced Players, Chutes and Ladders Essays, or Winning Chutes and Ladders for the Serious Player.

Take some time off, read these books, and I bet you that 75% will drop down to 65% within no time.

sourbeaver
05-28-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I had visions of grandjour (sp?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean "grandeur" ? Grand jour means "tall day".

ApolloQuiet
05-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally it was soup du jour, then I realized that 'visions of the soup of the day' made less sense then 'visions of a tall day'.

But, yeah, whatever, grandeur works too.

johnnybeef
05-28-2005, 05:40 PM
You are a comidic genius