PDA

View Full Version : fold for the turn check-raise? Anyone check through this turn?

steveyz
05-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Button is a calling station.

BB is 16/9/2.3 after 300 hands or so.

----------------------------------

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ???

-------------------

What if I had JJ instead. Or KK?

Emoney
05-27-2005, 10:37 AM
if the button is a calling station why isn't it capped preflop?

steveyz
05-27-2005, 10:49 AM
I usually do, but my read was that BB's 3-betting range here is pretty small. AA-QQ and probably AKs. I don't think he's 3-betting AKo or JJ/TT much (if at all) here. I'm a fairly conservative player in the blinds and I have an overall PFR of 11.5 and I don't usually 3-bet with JJ and lower here. AKo I would sometimes 3-bet, and sometimes call.

Ian J
05-27-2005, 11:14 AM
I'd cap preflop.

And on this board heads up, I'm definitely showing my hand down. Never check this turn through. Just gotta call this one down here. I'm actually surprised that you'd consider folding here. With TT you could consider folding. JJ I'm also showing down.

rigoletto
05-27-2005, 01:21 PM
I have started to 3-bet more in this spot when a flush draw appears. If he caps you can usually lay down against a player with that raising standard from the blinds and when he has a draw he'll call your 3-bet but not often your river bet if you just call and he checks to you.

You should rarely check this turn and give a free card to 2 players.

surfdoc
05-27-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have started to 3-bet more in this spot when a flush draw appears. If he caps you can usually lay down against a player with that raising standard from the blinds and when he has a draw he'll call your 3-bet but not often your river bet if you just call and he checks to you.

You should rarely check this turn and give a free card to 2 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is HU on the turn.

Jeffage
05-27-2005, 01:55 PM
BB 3-bet preflop. This means he has a big pair or he doesn't (maybe big cards). Flop raise is clear. Turn bet is also clear and you're calling a raise. You can't risk giving a free card to something like AK and he could easily checkraise you with a lower pocket pair or even overs. If you have JJ, the bet is even more critical bc there are more dangerous freecards. If you had KK, I would sill bet here b/c there is no reason to suspect your against trips so only two hands beat you (AA or a flopped 8's full). the only reason you'd check KK behind here would be a scenario like you raise w/ KK and flop comes with a pair of jacks instead of 4's (say bb just called the raise out of the blind). If he checkcalls the flop and then checks turn, you can check bc u don't fear free cards and he is likely to have a jack.

Jeff

Nate tha' Great
05-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Seems like a straightforward calldown against a guy who is pretty aggressive after the flop.