PDA

View Full Version : Is this a standard push?

rickr
05-27-2005, 08:45 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t3900)
Button (t4100)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Button calls t250, Hero ???

I've been playing this situation as almost an any 2 cards. Agree/Disagree

Thanks,
Rick

citanul
05-27-2005, 11:02 AM
i push here unless the opponent has been very aggressive, basically, or i have a reason to believe that the opponent limps their best hands (and of course that includes hands he'll call A4 with and you'll be unhappy).

citanul

Bluff Daddy
05-27-2005, 11:10 AM
I would push this. The only way I wouldnt is if like citanul said hes either been raising for folding and all of the sudden he limps.

rickr
05-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Eastbay's program calls for pushing with any 2 here. As long as you haven't been doing anything totally nuts, do you guys agree?

citanul
05-27-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eastbay's program calls for pushing with any 2 here. As long as you haven't been doing anything totally nuts, do you guys agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely not.

the point is that specific opponents are ONLY going to limp when they have A4 destroyed. i very much doubt that eastbay's program would say "this is clearly a push with any two if you know your opponent's hand range, that he will call, and he has you crushed."

citanul

rickr
05-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Know what I did wrong. I put it in as a push. That doesn't work since he already limped in, now does it. lol.

Thanks,
Rick