PDA

View Full Version : Ace high calldown

krishanleong
05-27-2005, 08:01 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

My image at this table (Hell all my tables this morning) is pretty crappy. I've had to fold to a lot of raises and checkraises. Didn't hit top pair enough to make my continuation bets on the flop and turn carry any weight.

Villian is LAGGY preflop with a postflop agression close to 2 over 300 hands. I actually thought about raising the turn-folding to a 3-bet. (I think that's a horrible thing for 1 reason). Anyone think this board+player+table image is enough to call this down or do I need to wait for a better spot?

Villian is BB, not a poster.

Krishan

deepsquat
05-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Im not sure what you will beat here. Doesnt look like hes on a draw, id prob dump this when he bets the turn.

billyjex
05-27-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure what you will beat here. Doesnt look like hes on a draw, id prob dump this when he bets the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you think he's on a draw? most players would raise the flop w/ a club draw.

I hate these situations. I feel like calling the turn because we're ahead if he's on a club draw and have some pair outs. We're at the river and the club draw missed. Enough players bet here I guess.. I dunno. This actually looks like a river fold because most of the time a player will check behind you w/ a missed flush draw. At least you're not good here 1 in 7 times.

deepsquat
05-27-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you think he's on a draw? most players would raise the flop w/ a club draw.

I hate these situations. I feel like calling the turn because we're ahead if he's on a club draw and have some pair outs. We're at the river and the club draw missed. Enough players bet here I guess.. I dunno. This actually looks like a river fold because most of the time a player will check behind you w/ a missed flush draw. At least you're not good here 1 in 7 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact that i get to see villain bet the river influences this play for me. I really suck at these spots and never call down with Ace high, only lead bet it.

krishanleong
05-27-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This actually looks like a river fold because most of the time a player will check behind you w/ a missed flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once I get to the river, I can't fold. This is an image recovery hand. I feel like showing that I am willing to calldown with ace high with mitigate the fact that I have made a couple folds to check raises. It hopefully stops a bad (profitable) table from taking shots at me.

Krishan

billyjex
05-27-2005, 09:24 AM
yeah, it makes sense from a metagame point of view given your image. also sometimes a slightly -EV call will be pushed to a call for me because I want to see the player's cards for information. knowing a player's hole cards says a lot about how they play.

that also said, I used to take a "if we call the turn, we're calling the river" mantra all the time but I find that when a player bets the river again, especially when they could take the free showdown, they're for real.

ISF
05-27-2005, 09:32 AM
I think its fine . Would you have folded if a club fell on the turn?

krishanleong
05-27-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think its fine . Would you have folded if a club fell on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have assumes he was on a straight draw and called down. Keep in mind this hand has very very little to do with cards. It's all about the crappy image I have and the agressive nature of the villian.

Krishan