PDA

View Full Version : TPTK being raised on turn

Supern
05-27-2005, 06:30 AM
Let say you have TPTK on the flop and you bet. You bet the turn as well when a undercard comes. You are OOP and you bet and get raised. How often are you behind here against a typical opponent? And what do you do in these examples.

You have relative position 1 (BB). 2 unknowns in position 2 and 3.

The odds on the call of his raise is 1:7.75 if you raise pf and 1:6.25 if you don't when player 2 folds. When player 2 calls it is 1:8.75 and 1:7.25.

1. You raise pf with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the board is K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Player 2 folds and player 3 raises.

2. Hand one but you didn't raise pf.

3. Hand one but player 2 call you bet and player 3 raises you both.

4. Hand one but player 2 call you bet and player 3 raises you both. You didnt raise pf.

5. How does it change things if the board is K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif instead?

6. How does it change things if the board is K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif instead?

7. How does it change things if the board is K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif instead?

adsman
05-27-2005, 06:48 AM
When I'm HU I will run default plays but not as often against more opponents. I don't like default plays per se. I like to have a feel for the situation. What is my table image like? Writing that there are two unknowns doesn't mean much. I always have some sort of read on my opponents. These are all 'depends' situations. Sometimes I will reraise. Sometimes I will call down. It depends.

By the way, hands 2 and 4 are pretty strange examples as everyone on this forum is going to raise AK preflop.

Supern
05-27-2005, 06:57 AM
True there is only 2 players. But if you are UTG you could be limping.

What I try to find out is that are probably not many of these raises when you are in front against an average solid player.

It's not very easy to get a read on if a player raise the turn for a free showdown for an example. You have to play alot of hands against him then. And I usually play 4 tables so the time for decisions is limited.

How do you guys use PT to help you determining if he is likely to make a move when he raises you?

Henke
05-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Assuming full tables, I would generally call down. At the lower limits, most players are passive and don't raise unless they have two pairs or better. But it's not uncommon neither to see someone raise with almost nothing, just trying to buy the pot.

If they have you beat, you should fold. But if you don't have a sure read, you can never be above 90% sure the opponent is not bluffing, so you're forced to call down. OTOH if they're bluffing, and you raise, you'll probably only drive the opponent out of the pot, so you'll make more money calling him down.