PDA

View Full Version : would you call this ?

theredpill5
05-27-2005, 05:58 AM
JJ UTG +1

Hero $25
SB $27

Hero's 3rd hand at table. No reads yet.

.10/.25 NL

I raise to $1 preflop.

MP calls.
SB calls
UTG calls

Flop: 3 4 5 rainbow
UTG pushes all-in for $2
Hero raises to $4
MP folds
SB pushes all-in for $27

I just didn't know what the hell to do so I folded.

My thinking was that he just saw me raise to $4 on flop and now he's pushing. He has to think that I'm probably going to call this.

theredpill5
05-27-2005, 06:50 AM
Also, do you like this play ?

.10 /.25 NL

T T in BB 7 handed

3 limp in

I raise to $1
UTG calls
LP calls

Flop: 6c Td 7h
Hero checks
UTG bets $1
LP calls
Hero raises to $6
UTG folds
LP folds

Like it or not ?

theredpill5
05-27-2005, 07:11 AM
It feels good to win a $71 pot on a .10/.25 NL game. Tens full of 3's.

wtfsvi
05-27-2005, 07:19 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
Also, do you like this play ?

.10 /.25 NL

T T in BB 7 handed

3 limp in

I raise to $1
UTG calls
LP calls

Flop: 6c Td 7h
Hero checks
UTG bets $1
LP calls
Hero raises to $6
UTG folds
LP folds

Like it or not ?

[/ QUOTE ]
What would you do with AK on this flop? Probably not overbet check raise. There are several treats to playing your monsters the same way as your bluffs. This probably does not mean much on NL$25, but if I were to use this move in only one of the situations, I think check raising the flop after you raise preflop is much better as a bluff/semibluff than as a trying-to-get-my-monster-payed-off move.

EDIT: The check raise was not an overbet, sorry. But still. Bet out.

fl0w
05-27-2005, 07:33 AM
Folding was correct with the jacks. He's either got jacks beat with a bigger overpair, he hit a set or a possible straight. Chances he's bluffing with a pretty likely call are just too slim. You did the right thing folding.
Only possible hands I can see you beat here are 77-TT, and I don't believe in them.

Also, the tens were a gross overbet. Pot was only $4, right? Then why bet $6 when you actually want a call? Also, your hand's pretty much a lock, so you won't mind the other guys improving. Bet a bit less than the pot, about $3 should do it, imho. Turn's better for bigger bets here.

PinkSteel
05-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Agree 100%.

Fold the JJ.

Lead for $3-4 with the TT -- assuming that's your standard continuation bet.

theredpill5
05-27-2005, 08:26 AM
In explaining the TT hand, I know how I shouldn't be results oriented but god damn, I've had about 20 % of my sets hold up this week and I feel that I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not being aggressive enough on the flop. The ol' call/bet small on the flop raise big on the turn is killing me this week. I really didn't like that flop. What cards do I not want to see on the turn ? Any 3, 8, or 9. I figured if an 8 or 9 hits the turn or river, I'm screwed. So I have two people drawing to the river with me and I'm trying to dodge those two cards. I was hoping one of them would come along with me and the other would fold. Just didn't like two people seeing turn and river like that. I've had a lot of sets busted this week. I think I would have bet out if the flop had been T 6 3 or something a little more innocent.

wtfsvi
05-27-2005, 08:51 AM
You put them (both obvioysly, since any 8 or 9 will kill you) on inside straight draws, so you check raise big? Can you see why that cannot be the result of anything but flawed thinking?

If that is what you think they have (not that you can possbily put them on a that narrow hand range), there is no better time for a medium size (around 3/4 pot) lead than this.

And seriously: Poker is gambling! If you get your money in as a 65% favourite, you are going to lose lot's of times. And you should feel good about it. And you shouldn't try to make people fold when you are a clear favourite. Try to make people call you (Read: don't act friggin' superstrong when you have the second nuts. Try to get money in the pot though.).

theredpill5
05-27-2005, 09:39 AM
BTW, in the JJ hand, Villain showed TT . I was a little pissed but I just wrote that in his notes. I only lost $5 on the hand so no big deal. I was a little surprised he willing to do that given that I just raised on the flop to $4 which is a decent bet in .10/.25 NL . So I watched him some more and he didn't do anything else dumb as far as I could see. Part of the problem was that he didn't play a hand in his first 3 hands that I logged for him at the table on PT so with trends generally continuing, I pegged him as a tight player. Turns out that he is more like a 30 % VPIP player. He asked me in the chat if I had him beat. I didn't even respond. I'm just wondering if he somehow knows me from an earlier date since I play there all the time. I only recently got PT so I have no way of knowing if he knows me or not. I'm still shocked at the play. He raised a $4 bet like $20 freaking dollars. I didn't tell him that the only thing that calls him there is a set/straight/two pair/KK /AA so he's basically screwing himself.

Guin
05-27-2005, 04:04 PM
I think that you should add this guy to your buddy list as someone who is likely to make a mistake sooner or later while you are holding the nuts.

Use the pokertracker to prove your thoughts that he will play crazy aggressive. I do like situations where a guy has to show his hand to a small all in hand. Gives you more info for PT.