PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore announces he won't run for Presidency in 2004

Dynasty
12-16-2002, 07:34 AM
I'm stunned at Al Gore's statement that he won't run for the Presidency in 2004. I was absolutely certain he was running again. In fact, I thought his activities over the past two years were geared towards a 2004 Presidential run. Perhaps they were but he just analyzed the situation and decided not to run.

HDPM
12-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Smart decision, although Gore is not a smart man as the media portray. He has no chance next time. Since there won't be a Republican primary to speak of, a lot of independents may vote in democrat primaries. Gore as a left-winger posing as a moderate or whatever else his advisors tell him won't cut it. He had his chance and lost, and people will consider that too. His latest China debacle won't help either. Being tied to the Chicoms as he is won't help with all the stuff going on.

patrick dicaprio
12-16-2002, 04:19 PM
he would rather be remembered as having the election "stolen" from him (if you believe the left) rather than lose a primary and get smoked. that is his motivation i think.

Pat

Ray Zee
12-17-2002, 12:54 AM
yea, i think pat is right. he makes lots of dough now and can profit from his loss. but if he loses again which is most likely, he will lose his free ride. since he is young he can decide to retry in six years instead when bush is gone.