PDA

View Full Version : QQ utg

Chris Daddy Cool
05-27-2005, 04:39 AM
5/10 nl on party

i have a 1.5k stack and raise Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif utg. some guy calls. sb folds. bb (1.4k) makes it 120. i call. other guys folds. HU about $250 in the pot.

flop: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

he leads for $100. what is my plan for the rest of hte hand?

aceferret
05-27-2005, 04:55 AM
need your table image, his table image, and your preflop raise to comment

fsuplayer
05-27-2005, 06:11 AM
pretty weak lead by him, looks like he missed his AK.

now its your choice/style on whether you prefer to raise him there, or let me give you some chips using your position.

personally, I am much more apt to call him down unless he goes nuts on the turn. and bet if checked to on the turn.

mikech
05-27-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
pretty weak lead by him, looks like he missed his AK.

now its your choice/style on whether you prefer to raise him there, or let me give you some chips using your position.

personally, I am much more apt to call him down unless he goes nuts on the turn. and bet if checked to on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is a weak lead, but a weak lead can be made by someone HOPING to get raised. if villain has AA/KK he'll then push over the top of your raise, if he has AhKh he'll do the same and be a favorite, it's a tough spot to put yourself in. i think a raise is bad against any decent player. call-down-reasonable-bets/bet-if-checked-to is my default line as well.

creedofhubris
05-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Most reasonable players are going to have KK-AA here.

If he's superloose you can just call.

Garland
05-27-2005, 07:30 PM
I assume your initial raise was something standard like to $30 and not some dorky min-raise to $20? This makes a difference.

Preflop, I think you need one of several things to continue with the hand:

(a) A read on villian's reraising standards
(b) Reraise with intent to fold to push
(c) A "set or fold" mentality if you choose to call, even with a seductive rags overpair flop.

If you didn't have one of these three ideas, I think it's best to fold it to the reraise.

Garland

Mike Gallo
05-27-2005, 08:07 PM
*****Read at your own discression*****
I do not play Party Poker take this response as a reply to a live game.

1) How much did you raise preflop. I attempted to do the math using how much dead money the caller left,and came up with a raise to $20. Is this the initial raise? If so, why did you limp raise? Players I know call the min raise a limp raise. If you limp raised to induce an over-aggressive player come over the top of you,nows your chance to trap him preflop.

2) What can you tell us about the villain? I know many players that will make this type of raise with A high in an attempt to steal UTG's raise. Especially if villian feels that he has control over the hero.

he leads for $100. what is my plan for the rest of the hand?

Player dependant answer. $250 in the pot and villian leads to $100. Certain players ( myself included) will make a bet this size hoping to get you to raise so the they can make even a bigger reraise, further tying you to the pot.

Against an unknown I would tend to call this down ( if the board reamained fairly harmless and I did not hit the Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) for information.

Garland
05-27-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Against an unknown I would tend to call this down

[/ QUOTE ]

This is limit thinking where calling down will only cost you a few bets, and in no limit calling down will usually entail putting out most of your stack, if not all of it.

This is definitely a hand where you need more pieces of the puzzle, which are missing...

Garland

Rounder9999
05-27-2005, 08:21 PM
I have spent the majority of my playing time of the last month playing the 5/10 NL games on PP, and I would definetly be raising in this spot unless I had a solid read on the player as very tight. I would bump it to 300, fold to a push, and if he calls and checks the turn make a 2/3 pot sized bet.

Mike Gallo
05-27-2005, 08:28 PM
no limit calling down will usually entail putting out most of your whole stack, if not all of it.

You have a point...

This is definitely a hand where you need more pieces of the puzzle, which are missing...

..I agree

VanVeen
05-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Hm, I gotta ask - the hands are just too similar. Did you actually play this hand or was it one you observed? Because I played a hand about six hours ago that differs only slightly: 6h = 7h. Flop bet = $225, not $100. I was Hero.

SparkyDog
05-28-2005, 03:20 AM
Why not call the flop and pop a non heart/A/K turn so you can fold to a push and AhKh can't go over the top and be a favorite to win the hand?

If he calls the turn then I'd probably check the river behind.