PDA

View Full Version : New to Short-Handed

mgminbigd
05-27-2005, 03:55 AM
I am very new to short-handed poker (less than 2K hands) and I have a few questions about a particular hand that I played at Interpoker 1/2.

Pre-Flop: I have Js Ts in the cutoff. Everyone folds to me. I raise and am called by the button (no info before this hand).

Flop: Kh 9d 9c I bet and the button calls. My first question is do you always bet out after raising pre-flop? I would like to see an example of a hand where you wouldn't.

Turn: 8s I bet again and the button calls. Was this a poor bet? My thinking was I'm going to call a bet with an open-ended straight draw, so why not bet out again.

River: 7d I bet, am called and my straight wins. Button shows Kc Jd. My next question is should I turn my chat feature off so I don't have to listen to endless bitching about what a moron I am?

If I was in his shoes, I would have folded pre-flop to a raise with Kc Jd. If I had played it, I would of raised on the flop (forcing me to fold my gutshot draw). Am I a moron?

Please help.

Nigel
05-27-2005, 04:02 AM
This is a good flop to bet out. Turn is fine. I might have river checkraised him so he can really flip out.

No you are not a moron, and you should be raising that hand in the CO just like you did.

billyjex
05-27-2005, 05:00 AM
you played this hand just as i would.

but yeah, i pretty much bet everytime i raise PF and I'm HU.