PDA

View Full Version : Donkey play on 5th?

beta1607
05-27-2005, 02:48 AM
7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes

4th Street - (3.90 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

5th Street - (3.45 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___raises
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

6th Street - (9.45 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___folds
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises___raises

River - (18.45 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks___calls
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

Total pot: (20.45 BB)

I felt like a total idiot after calling 5th, how bad is it? I thought the gutshot made it more closer as well as my notes on seat 2 saying he was a really bad player?

bigredlemon
05-27-2005, 02:57 AM
you seem to be representing a flush so i'd be concerned when it gets 3betted to me on 6th.

I like calling the 3bet. That way, he could still bet a worse hand on the river for you, and it's just one bet more. By capping, he would check the worest hand and bet a better one, so you don't gain any more if you are ahead, but you do lose more if you are behind.

If you do cap 6th and he bets out on the river again, you have to raise. If it's not good enough to raise then, you shouldn't have capped in the first place, unless you put villain to be a manic who not only could, but would likely bet a worse hand.

mscags
05-27-2005, 02:57 AM
With having a gut shot it I think it makes it a close decision, but I lean toward folding myself. I don't like to pay a lot to see my draws but maybe thats weak tight. I put the check raiser on either Kings and sevens or trip seven and with either one your only winners are if you hit your draws. They are fairly live though but you're only getting something around 3:1, but if you would have known that you could get him to jam it with you on a round than it is an easy call.

Roland
05-27-2005, 03:18 AM
I think it’s an easy call on 5th. But maybe I’m wrong.

Andy B
05-27-2005, 04:37 AM
Calling fifth is fine, possibly even correct. Turns out the implied odds were there anyway.

Bartholow
05-27-2005, 11:39 AM
This makes no sense. You KNOW you are ahead on 6th. Raise and get the money in. What if you just call and your opponent checks 7th? This happens all the time in stud.

Meanwhile, if you do cap 6th and then he bets out on 7th, I can't see raising. He knows you have a flush on 6th after you cap, what would he bet that you beat?

Bartholow
05-27-2005, 11:41 AM
I call 5th here every time.

jon_1van
05-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Why not bet out 5th? I'm really confused about this. 5 diamonds are really nice. 3 7's are almost as good. And any 4,5, or K gives you a pretty scary board considering how you played 3rd and 4th.

Why not bet?

bigredlemon
05-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Yes you're right. For some reason I thought that Hero would be acting first on 7th street. If it still doesn't make sense to you then maybe I should try explaining game now that it's not 3am. /images/graemlins/frown.gif