PDA

View Full Version : To fire again or not to fire again...

Garland
05-27-2005, 02:36 AM
I had been making many button bets with or without the goods when checked to me on the flop. So given standard loose opposition, would you fire again on the turn?

All comments appreciated,

Garland

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($587.1)
Garland ($639.4)
SB ($839.3)
BB ($558)
UTG ($700.6)
UTG+1 ($1677.2)
MP1 ($331.75)
MP2 ($661.65)
MP3 ($604.2)

Preflop: Garland is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Garland calls $6, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($36) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 folds, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Garland bets $29</font>, SB calls $29, BB folds, UTG calls $29, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($123) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Garland ????

Chris Daddy Cool
05-27-2005, 03:15 AM
against loosies i like betting here. they will call you with a lot here.

BluffTHIS!
05-27-2005, 03:21 AM
You are making a big assumption about two players making loose calls on the flop here. It is very possible that you are up against someone sandbagging a flopped flush or who has a hand that beats yours, and another player with a better flush draw than yours. I would bet against 1 player but check behind against 2.

fisherman112
05-27-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are making a big assumption about two players making loose calls on the flop here. It is very possible that you are up against someone sandbagging a flopped flush or who has a hand that beats yours, and another player with a better flush draw than yours. I would bet against 1 player but check behind against 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

creedofhubris
05-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Against one guy, easy bet. Against 2, I think a check is better, particularly since you have a diamond.

edge
05-27-2005, 02:24 PM
I like betting again and not putting in any more money after that.

muzungu
05-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Garland-

How do you feel about calling a bet on a blank river if you check behind? Lately, if I am considering doing so, I would rather bet the turn and then check behind on the river (or fold to a river lead). So, if your choices are betting here or checking and calling on a blank river, I would bet. However, with two callers on the flop perhaps you would be best off not putting any more $ on any street. I think it is pretty close- if I bet it is going to be a fairly small one ($70 or so). In practice, I'm probably considering my reads on the players and going with my instinct (which is not particularly helpful advice, that is just what I do when I think it is a tossup).

-muz

Tony.T
05-28-2005, 12:01 AM
I dont like checking and then calling
Like someone else said, bet and fold to a raise
or a river bet

captZEEbo1
05-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Everyone really advocates checking here? Personally I'd put about a 1/2 pot bet in here and check any river no matter what hits. You overbet flop though IMO. I doubt anyone c/r bluffs or semibluffs here.

I bet hands like J/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif might call your flop bet, since you bet from the button.

SpaceAce
05-28-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Against one guy, easy bet. Against 2, I think a check is better, particularly since you have a diamond.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much value do you assign to the ten of diamonds with two people calling your bet on a three-diamond flop?

SpaceAce

MHoydilla
05-28-2005, 06:55 AM
I think this is a pretty easy bet, you should bet 2/3 pot or pot, assuming you would bet that amount with a set or a flush here.

Garland
05-28-2005, 01:02 PM
I went through my options on the button. This is why I preferred betting over checking:

(1) I couldn't stand being bluffed out on the river. Like some posters have commented, there is that possibility. It is much more difficult for the opposition to bluff into a bloated pot into someone who has shown immense strength.
(2) I put one of my opponents on the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif draw.
(3) I put the other opponent on a K, that may or may not have me outkicked. If that person has no /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, he must fold.
(4) I like betting/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I bet $99 into the $123 with the intention of folding to a check-raise, but they both folded. Of course if I had a set or a made flush, I would play the same way.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Garland