PDA

View Full Version : Tough AA river decision

krammatrix
05-27-2005, 02:12 AM
Stacks: Hero has ~100, villain covers

Party $50 PL Hold'em
Preflop:

Dealt to HERO: Ac As

UTG(VILLAIN) calls .5, MP1 calls .5, MP2 calls .5, Button calls .5, SB calls completes, HERO raises to $3, UTG calls, all fold

Flop: Ks Qs 8d
HERO bets 4
VILLAIN raises to 8
HERO calls

TURN: 3c
VILLAIN bets 15
HERO calls 15

RIVER: 10c
VILLAIN bets 51
HERO ???

No real reads on villain, just sat down a few orbits ago, villain has the big stack at the table, and I haven't seen him do anything out of line. I was trying to think of what hands he could have, and I couldn't see QQ or KK, maybe 88 or QK, but I also thought maybe he semibluffed the flop with JT, and kept shooting. I didn't think he would bet so huge on the river with QK, so I basically figured 88 or JT, or a complete bluff. What do y'all think? I've always had trouble folding big hands, this one was really tough for me...

2Fast2Furious
05-27-2005, 09:14 AM
you're either way ahead or way behind - probably the latter - i know it's tough to lay down aces but seems like he's got TPKT at least - he's in early position and has bet out on every round so I throw this away

MixedNuts
05-27-2005, 10:10 AM
I thnk you toss this one, but would he call with JT your PFR? KQ i can believe, but I'd discount the semi-bluff and catching the straight somewhat.

BTW did you consider coming over the top on the flop?

fuzzbox
05-27-2005, 10:28 AM
I prefer to stop and go in this spot.

Call the flop minraise, lead the turn, fold if raised. If he flat calls then check ... and see what happens on the river.

MixedNuts
05-27-2005, 10:33 AM
He cant lead the turn, the villan is F2A and he/she bet. Or do you mean raise the $15?

krammatrix
05-28-2005, 01:15 AM
Mixed-I did consider raising the flop, but some of the players on the party $50 are crazy, and I didn't wanna get blow out of the water by a worse hand. i was trying to keep the pot small, I didn't think he would go so crazy on the next two streets.