PDA

View Full Version : I Donking Suck ShortHanded

toss
05-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Button usually will bet with legitimate hands. SB just sat down. I made a major mistake by not raising the turn.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Button range of hands is QJ, Kx, T9, and probably a few worse hands.

Turn: (3 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

SB probably sensed weakness from me since I donlingly called and raised with who knows what. I'd feel a lot better folding had I raised and SB 3-bet.

River: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

@bsolute_luck
05-27-2005, 07:37 AM
i think you already pointed at the mistake. i thought you should raise the turn too. either 3-bets: i'm done with it.

toss
05-27-2005, 07:51 AM
Thanks, good to know you agree.

SH play is much more EV but induces higher blood pressure. NL is probably even higher EV, but heart attack material.

krishanleong
05-27-2005, 09:17 AM
TP MK 3-handed is pretty close to 2 pair in relative hand value. I think you should see showdown here a very large % of the time.

Krishan

KingOtter
05-27-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, good to know you agree.

SH play is much more EV but induces higher blood pressure. NL is probably even higher EV, but heart attack material.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard a good quote watching poker on TV... 'You can either look like a genius or an idiot'.

Often times I look an idiot.

KO

toss
05-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I was just trying to figure out what Button was raising with and decided his hand was better than mines. Since its 3-handed, folding probably is highly incorrect like you said. If i raise and get 3-bet by Button would calling down be good?

krishanleong
05-27-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If i raise and get 3-bet by Button would calling down be good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good. Also on a board like this, people love to push pair + gutshot way harder than they would 6 handed or full ring. It's not actually a bad play because of the lower relative hand values.

Krishan