PDA

View Full Version : Comments please

Drontier
05-27-2005, 01:08 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($41.36)
CO ($77.65)
Button ($116.93)
Hero ($100.9)
BB ($71.4)
UTG ($50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks.

Turn: ($1.50) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($7.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $7.15</font>, Hero calls $7.15.

Final Pot: $21.80

Comments on all streets appreciated. Is this too weak? I thought UTG was on tilt, as I had just moved him off with checkraises 2 hands in a row. So I wanted him to fire and checkraise again on the flop. Comments appreciated. And big blind did not raise with bad hands. I gave his raises quite a bit of respect.

dibbs
05-27-2005, 01:20 AM
I understand where you are trying to go with the checkraise and the specific situation, but I would lead this flop, if he really is antzy and tilty he'll call anyways and if he's really annoyed with you and thinks you may be overplaying hands he'll raise. At least there isn't a flush draw out, but you still will probably groan at a few of the straight cards that will hit the turn. I'd want this pot to get a little bigger.

The turn I like, BB is in there with anything and if you respect him I wouldn't go nuts.

River I think you really need to get more money in there. It looks like he hit a straight and is just continuing his line. I know you respect him, but I think you are losing a lot of value, 63 makes sense but is pretty unlikely (he checks flop with trash raises you with two pair on turn), I don't think 65 makes sense cause he'd probably fire at the flop, and JJ shouldn't be in there right?

I'd have to really, really, REALLY respect my opponents bets not to push more in there.

JMO, hope it worked out.

Sephus
05-27-2005, 02:06 AM
id bet that flop, id bet that turn and call a raise, river play would depend on the rest of the hand.

if i check the flop i think i reraise the turn and fold to a huge raise, otherwise i figure i'm good.

Drontier
05-27-2005, 01:56 PM
I know I should have bet the flop, but I felt behind on the rest of the hand. Villain flipped over JJ, and I started pumping my fist in joy that I lost so little money on the hand :P.