PDA

View Full Version : Non full-time player - lots of content

jac394
05-26-2005, 10:30 PM
I've been a minimal poster/lurker for about 2 years, and have yet to see a post on this subject.

I'm a part time player (10-15 hours/week) on Party 5/10 6-max. Only play one table at a time. Read many different books and read posts on 2+2 another 4-5 hours/week. Analyze my play after sessions etc.

I have read the stat posts and the replies to them, and have determined that it would probably take me over a year and a half to hit 100k hands, so I'm curious what some of the frequent posters would estimate decent stats for that type of play would be? I think I can figure out the VPIP, PFR, ATS etc. but I'm real curious to know about WTSD and BB/100, and am also curious as to opinions about blind defense and stealing. I would think that the STSD should be lower than what is considered average in this forum, only because you are playing against the same players at the table and devoting all your attention to them, so should be able to fold with more confidence against the common (read: unimaginative) players. I also think the BB/100 would be higher as you can really concentrate on a single table and those players, and probably spend a little more time on table selection and getting away from the table faster when a positive situation turns negative (or less positive). I'm less sure about the blind defense, but suspect that will probably not change simply because sometimes I'll be able to fold with confidence and other times will be able to defend with confidence based on my reads. The same would be said for stealing blinds - probably about the same stats.

I just have no way of knowing what would be good stats, so don't know if I've been running average, warm or hot. I feel comfortable with my BB/100, but considering I have no measurements to compare it to, I'm not sure I should feel that way.

I don't feel I should compare myself to players that play more hands in 2 hours than I may play in one week, and after using the search function cannot find anything that might help with my question. I would also be interested in knowing if monthly stats would hold any value or only six months or more, just because of the sample sizes?

Any of the posters want to give this a shot?

I've purposely left my stats out of this post so as not to taint any responses.

7ontheline
05-27-2005, 12:17 AM
I can't see your "ideal" stats as being completely unlike what other people have previously written, even if you are single-tabling. It's going to depend a lot on your style of play - certainly there is a range that is considered generally successful, but there is so much room for variation that this kind of discussion is probably not very meaningful.

Plus, since you are single-tabling, I bet that your short-term "ideal" stats will be extremely dependent on the texture of each individual table you play. When you multi-table, things tend to balance out more quickly.

Finally, I think that the main thing that makes your stats significant is how many hands you play, not the time over which you play them.