PDA

View Full Version : NFL season tickets

tworooks
05-26-2005, 10:12 PM
so, i'm looking on chargers.com for season ticket information link (http://www.chargers.com/tickets/season_tickets.cfm)
anyways, it says [ QUOTE ]
Big savings over single game tickets:

[/ QUOTE ]

the price for season tick Press Level seats is $730. OK, not bad, $91.25 a game. Only thing is, single game tickets for press level seats cost $84. WTF? Calculations for other prices show that buying season tickets creates as much as a $2 savings as compared to buying single game tickets. Is that really big savings? Do they factor in the other benefits, such as first-rights as part of the "big savings." Even under their "All Season Ticket Holders Enjoy:" section, they list "Savings over individual game prices". Someone enlighten me.

BWebb
05-26-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so, i'm looking on chargers.com for season ticket information link (http://www.chargers.com/tickets/season_tickets.cfm)

[/ QUOTE ]

the price for season tick Press Level seats is $730. OK, not bad, $91.25 a game. Only thing is, single game tickets for press level seats cost $84. WTF? Calculations for other prices show that buying season tickets creates as much as a $2 savings as compared to buying single game tickets. Is that really big savings? Do they factor in the other benefits, such as first-rights as part of the "big savings." Even under their "All Season Ticket Holders Enjoy:" section, they list "Savings over individual game prices". Someone enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the season tickets include parking? Parking to see the 49ers is something like $25 a game.

PokerFink
05-26-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the price for season tick Press Level seats is $730. OK, not bad, $91.25 a game. Only thing is, single game tickets for press level seats cost $84. WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

One probably includes tax, the other doesn't. Just a guess. (Edit: or parking, that makes sense).

Also, the main benefit to having season tickets is first access to playoff tickets. And since these are for the Chargers, that could be a useful benefit.

The other main benefit is that for many teams, buying single game tickets at face value is damn near impossible unless you know somebody that needs to ditch their tix for a game. Eagles tickets on ebay sell for several times their face value, but I'm guessing Chargers tickets are a lot easier to come by.

tworooks
05-26-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All Season Ticket Holders enjoy:
Guaranteed seat locations for all Chargers home games
Savings over individual game prices
Option to purchase your same seat for home playoff games
Complimentary copy of the Official Chargers Media Guide
You will be offered first opportunity to purchase additional single-game tickets for home games
First right to renew your seats for the 2006 season

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt say anything about parking. but we do get a complimentary media guide, sweet.

2+2 wannabe
05-26-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the price for season tick Press Level seats is $730. OK, not bad, $91.25 a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's horrendous - you have to watch the chargers /images/graemlins/grin.gif

at least you get to see the broncos once though!

jstnrgrs
05-27-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually season tickets include pre-season. If you look at it that way (which I don't recomend), this is $73 per game. That is how they are claiming big savings.

Talk2BigSteve
05-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Do the Games sell out???

When I lived in Dallas and there were a couple thousand seats left to sell they would sell them to the grocery stores in bulk and you could get them CHEAP there. I guess the benifit was for TV to announce "Another Sold Out Game Here In Dallas!"

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

banditbdl
05-27-2005, 12:18 AM
You're probably buying tickets for 10 games when you buy the season tickets. I could be wrong, but I believe most NFL teams sell their season ticket packages as a ten-game package with 8 regular season games and 2 preseason games at full price.

LotsOfOuts69
05-27-2005, 02:29 AM
At least there's not a 20 year waiting list like the Jets and Giants...and Packers etc...