PDA

View Full Version : weird aa hand

Chris Daddy Cool
05-26-2005, 09:32 PM
party 30/60 table 8 handed, bad game, intend on leaving soon.

i limp utg+1 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif. a well playing tightaggressive button limps behind me. sb fols. a slightly tight slightly passive bb checks. 3 players for 3.5 small bets.

flop: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

bet. call. call. 3 to the turn for 4.75bb.

turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

bb bets. i call. button raises. bb calls. i 3-bet. button calls. bb caps. i call. button calls.

any particular river plan for various cards?

Subfallen
05-26-2005, 10:51 PM
This looks like two pair from BB, so hidden outs blah blah blah... Button's play is weird because he can't have the nut flush draw, and unless he's Clarkmeister, he's probably not trying to fold a better 9 from the BB...so I'm thinking the raise must be for value, which looks like a set.

psyduck
05-27-2005, 01:54 AM
Any reason why you limped with AA? Also why did you play flop and turn so passively then 3-bet all of a sudden?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

(just wanted to hear your reasoning behind these plays)

Ian J
05-27-2005, 02:30 AM
Limping AA is a really good play in this game, because someone will try to isolate you very frequently.

psyduck
05-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Sweet. that is what I was thinking - that people are usually very aggressive anyway in this game, so this is really good for deception value.

now, did the plan backfire, since no one attempted to isolate preflop? shouldn't hero now be aggressive on the flop? or is the flop so dry that hero can afford to let villains stay around (with the reasoning that they'll be so aggressive later anyway that hero can get the extra bets then)?

Your Mom
05-27-2005, 11:10 AM
I'd rather raise the turn initially. Looks like a set of 4s to me.

TBag
05-27-2005, 12:33 PM
What do you guys do when you limp early with high pockets? When raised do you just call or do you limp-3 bet?

If you're looking to get isolated it seems that calling would be the correct play, I've seen so many limp-3 bets at that game and pretty much every single one of them is a high pocket. I've never seen a play that so easily defines your hand before the flop.

Also, do you think limping AA is better than raising by a lot, or just a smidgeon?

DeeJ
05-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Ace : ram & jam
spade : probably call down. Wouldn't like calling 2 cold tho.
otherwise : call down

I'm not folding aces to some A9 half-assed turn aggro capper. Strange how bb bets-calls-caps. Actually, you call-3bet too.... what a crazy game /images/graemlins/smile.gif still you did invite the extra bets by 3-betting the turn, now you have to see it through /images/graemlins/wink.gif