PDA

View Full Version : Party 5/10NL.

VanVeen
05-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Started multitabling Party 5/10nl yesterday. Looking for thoughts on a hand that occurred today.

I should preface this by saying that I do not ordinarily raise the flop here. However, this opponent (smugor) had shown a willingness the past 20-30 minutes to pot any draw on the flop. I made a few assumptions: he'd often raise rather than complete with most of the kings and pocket pairs he's willing to play 3 handed. Of those kings he'd complete and bet the flop with, he'll fold K9 or worse if I raise and continue betting strongly on the turn. He'll never call with uncompleted draws on the turn (decent player). I try to maintain a 'flop raising frequency' to keep my hand range wide enough that observant/thinking opponents have trouble employing simple countermeasures, so that was another reason for the non-standard flop raise. Anyway, here's the hand:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($1882)
SB ($1425)
Hero ($2788.5)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($20) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $65</font>, SB calls $40.

Turn: ($150) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $375</font>, Hero ?

Without any reads on villain's turn/river play (few hands made it to the turn), I'm very unsure of his range. Perhaps more experienced 5/10nl players can share their thoughts.

BluffTHIS!
05-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Even though this is only 3 handed and your kings up should normally be a monster you said that he gave up uncompleted draws on the turn, thus making it not as likely that is making a move with a flush draw. The quesions here are first whether he continues to play any pair when raised on the flop, and thus could have 65 which you can beat. The other question is whether he leads with sets or 2 pair on the flop. Even though it may seem unlikely that he made the straight in a 3 handed game, it is very possible, and the answers to the other questions I gave would help decide the answer. The final question is would he lay down a straight if the flush came and you represented it strongly, thus giving you steal equity to call his raise where you are a dog to fill.