PDA

View Full Version : Set over set

Drontier
05-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Do you pay off set over set everytime on pp? I know mid set is almost impossible to fold, but I've ran into a few situations with bottom set. Once I was against a very tight player. We just completed the sb and bb and it was heads up with a 732, rainbow flop. I bet straight out, as I had never seen villain bluff, he reraises to 3x my bet, I reraise to 10x, and he pushes for another 60 dollars instantly into this pot of 40. (blinds .25/.5) I bet pot on flop, I let my timer tick down to about 10 seconds and reluctantly called to see 3/3. My ducks were no good. Do you pay this off everytime?

jkkkk
05-26-2005, 08:06 PM
hard to say, i mean i really would have to have a HUUGE amount of respect to lay down a set on a 'not too scary' flop, infact, theres nothing scary about that flop.

hard decision, probably calling more times than not here.

wtfsvi
05-26-2005, 08:37 PM
I think I basically always pay off set over set at low stakes party. An obvious exception is when I'm up against a set of aces and know it.

But of course. If a rock suddenly pushes all in for a lot more after I've reraised him on the flop, I guess I can (or at least should) let bottom set go sometimes.

Macquarie
05-26-2005, 09:50 PM
You have to call the final bet given the pot odds you're getting. Nothing much you can do about this one.

You have to worry about set over set when you're playing the really low pocket pairs. Deciding to "always pay off set over set" I think is a mistake - there are occasional hands that you can perhaps get away from, and you should consider each hand as it comes. Generally though, you're going to correctly try to get all in.